Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Array

School
    fight sport miami

Las Vegas has Everything BUT 10th planet...

Hey guys, this is my first post. Love the site and I've been learning a lot.
    So ANYWAYS I just recently moved back to Las Vegas and I know there is team mica and kobra kai and a bunch of other places that seem good to train in jiu jitsu but I personally don't have any experience with these schools so I would like to avoid wasting my time as much as possible.

My question is does anybody know of a schools affiliated with 10th planet in any way?

I also would like it if any of you could give opinions on any schools such as the team mica, kobra kai, and guardians jiu jitsu.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Array

School
    10th Planet Vista
    team mica has several locations, me and my son train at one of them in the sw. the instruction is very good, some of the locations teach more no gi than others. but they do not teach 10th planet moves. they do win alot at the tournys.

Array

School
    fight sport miami
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Almeida View Post
    team mica has several locations, me and my son train at one of them in the sw. the instruction is very good, some of the locations teach more no gi than others. but they do not teach 10th planet moves. they do win alot at the tournys.

Very interesting.. I was thinking about heading over to his place because I like the Machados and how they do BJJ so that's a good thing to hear. Nice to meet you Ron. I understand that there are two different schools for mica right? Which is better? If there is a better one. And what from what you've seen, are the major differences with the two schools? If any.

Array

School
    10th Planet Vista
    there is three that i know of (maybe more), the main one on west charleston (gi and no gi bjj), the one by my house on s fort apache (mostly gi), then way north on craig road (bjj and mma), you can check his website for more details.

me and my son both train, i train to stay in shape and something father and son can do together. with my work schedule and my sons school schedule we just train at the one near our house, but on some saturdays i take my son to craig road one just to train with different guys he dont normally train with.

when you train with team mica you sign up at your main school(this is where you are going to go the most) but you are welcome to train at any of the schools (or something like that).

maybe we can drill some 10th planet together on the side.

Array

School
    Vinny Magalhaes @ Xtreme Couture LAS VEGAS NV
    if your looking for 10th planet only in Vegas you will not find one, but over at TapouT Vinny Magalhaes teach a gi only class mon-fri and a NOgi only class mon-fri 11:30 to one Vinny is cool with tenth planet so you will not get any grief or crap about using 10th planet stuff..... he also goes and trainings with eddie from time to time. but he only teach mornings!!!!!

http://tapoutlasvegas.com/component/...inny-magalhaes

Array

School
    10th Planet Vista
    everyone from the vegas area please chime in here...

maybe we can put together a time and place to put our gis aside and drill some 10th planet once in a while...

Array

School
    fight sport miami
    How much are classes at TapouT? The price isn't listed. Mornings is no good for me dammit lol.

Array

School
    fight sport miami
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Almeida View Post
    everyone from the vegas area please chime in here...

maybe we can put together a time and place to put our gis aside and drill some 10th planet once in a while...
    I'd be down to train with whoever for sure in Vegas as soon as I find a better means of transportation than what I currently have. I'd love to sign up to Micas as soon as I get the chance. Preferably I'd like to train at the one on west charleston because it's got the no gi aspect to it but I'll take whatever I can get lol. I live all the way south, near Southpoint. So I'm currently a ways away from everything lol.

I've actually never trained in Eddies style of bjj so it's all really new to me, the concepts and the way the techniques look etc.

Array

School
    10th Planet Vista
    the one i train at is closer to you.

Array

School
    fight sport miami
    Oh shit it is! LOL... the miracle of google maps. I guess I'll be heading there then. I see that you have to pay a smaller monthly fee if you want to train at any of the other schools as well as the one you sign up at. Is there any way to get around that? Do you have to pay it monthly, or just as you decide to train at another school? And thanks a lot for all the help. I really appreciate it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast