Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Array

School
    10th Planet Charlotte
    Thank you sir, Just saying whats on my mind.

Array

School
    Impact Martrial Arts
    I honestly don't think the corner were as bad as people have made them out to be (Everyone seems to take on board Joe Rogan's opinions these days anyways)

Penn is so much more aggressive, gets into a more winning mindset (Probably makes no sense as I'm awake 43 hours at this stage..) when he's motivated, otherwise he doesn't really seem to be bothered, I imagine his corner were just trying to motivate him again, like he was in the Florian fight after Florian's 'smack talk'. I think it worked for a short while, I haven't watched the fight since but I think towards the start of the 3rd/4th round BJ was getting slightly annoyed, this is when he started throwing leg kicks at the beginning of the round and shot for a takedown, after the first minute or so he seemed to forget what he was motivated for, so lost his winning mentality again. At the start of the next round it was the exact same too..

This led me to think BJ doesn't really need cornermen, he needs good motivators, his corner gave him no advice whatsoever, yet in the latter rounds he decided to go for the leg kicks and takedowns until he lost his motivation again. He seems to be able to change his gameplan without the need of a corner (Unless he's fighting GSP) unlike other fighters who'll take on board everything the coach says to them.

But then again I've been awake for 40+ hours so my mind's probably not in tip-top shape...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12