Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago North

Training partners near Chicago west burbs?

Hey guys, big fan of Eddie's jj. The MTS series is awesome and hilarious.

I'm looking for training partners. I train at home, Ive got an old 10 x 10 wrestling mat in my basement (always on the prowl for more mats too). I'm 33 married with 3 kids and my job is very demanding so I don't have time to go to a gym. Working the hours I do it would be hard to tell the wife I'm going to be at the gym a couple nights a week. In the basement dojo I got the mat, a heavy bag, an air dyne and a PC to do p90x & training videos. I work out 5 times a week. My little brother just got out of the Marines and we rolled a bit but he is off in Afghanistan contracting now, my brother in laws are just as busy as me and it never seems to work with our schedules. Another cousin used to train and has a bunch of gear to give me, including a 140lbs grappling dummy but he flakes out all the time and hasn't made it over yet (young kid).

As a kid I did TKD and wrestled in HS. Sparred alot with friends and did a little Kenpo in my early 20s. Ive been messing around with my brothers the last few years and would like to get more serious but thats not going to happen unless I find training partners or get time to join a gym. Im looking for a couple people that would want to roll a few times during the week between 8pm & midnight, anytime Sat and anytime after church on Sun.

I would like someone in similar circumstances and you could even bring the kids, mine are 2, 4 & 12 (girls) and half the basement is for kids. That should make it easy for your wife if you tell her you are going to take the kids off her hands a few hours a week . I would prefer an open schedule where we just let each other know if we can make it the day before. I'm on call 24x7 pretty much so I would need to be able to cancel sometimes. Any experience is welcome. I want to drill basics and build a good foundation. You would have to be 21 or older and easy going. I'm at 170 and fine with any weight class and we can just roll or you can do full workouts with me.

I live in Montgomery outside of Aurora, IL.

Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago North
    Still looking for training partners. My brother came home from Afghanistan for a week so I got one roll in. There is a club at his base (camp leatherneck) but he only went once since he is so busy over there.