Array

School
    10th Planet Fort Lauderdale Hotbox!

What's the procedure for visiting a 10th Planet gym?

I have a buddy who lives in Virginia and I want to go stay with him for a week or 2 and train at 10 Planet Lynchburg and I was wonder what the 10th Planet policy is for visitors? I don't formally belong to a 10th Planet gym because I live in South Florida, so do I pay a weekly membership fee, or what? Thanks in advance for your help guys. Happy rolling

Array

School
    Port City MMA
    Great Question!!! I know if you go to 10th Planet Decatur that there is a nightly mat fee & Brandon does personal sessions for $30 an hour (I believe)... But it would be good to know what other moons policies are in case a vacation comes up!!!

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester; 10th Planet St. Paul
    I've trained at 10th Planet St. Paul, MN when I went back to visit my family. I just talked to Neil and Tim and they worked it out with me. Coach Herzog has had guys come in from out of town for a week or two as well. You could pm him and ask how he arranges things.

Array

School
    10th planet charlotte
    not trying to talk for any of the instructers,but i wouldnt be too surprised if school A charges this much school B might give you a freebie and school C might charge 3 times as much...diffirent schools have diffirent rents and are in diffirent ecomnomys and diffirent types of overhead..and you have to do what keeps the doors open.

Array

School
    Lincoln Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Center
    My old gym would never charge a visitor to roll. I was thinking about visiting my local 10th planet gym too; I should definitely see what they would charge however.. Good thread.

Array

School
    Charlotte Jiu Jitsu Academy
    It definitely depends on the moon. Different schools are going to have different prices. Neale Hoerle is the instructor at Lynchburg. Send him a pm and I'm sure he'll get back with you soon. He is a awesome dude and great instructor. Don't pass up the opportunity to train there if you can. I'll hopefully be up there soon myself.

Array

School
    10TH Planet Morgantown
    Lots of questions and comments here...

Firstly, the procedure is give me a call.

As for why gyms charge, here ya go...
    Rent, insurance, affiliation fees, utilities, equipment etc. I know you guys already knew all of that, but mostly the issue is that the other students pay monthly contract rates. If you spend your hard earned money and commit to a contract for the annual rate of $1200-$2000 I'm fairly certain you wouldn't like someone getting a week or more for free. I wish I was able to do all of this for free. Trouble is I'm not :/ All that being said, I am a VERY fair guy. Whatever I choose to charge a visitor is always fare and economically realistic... Have no fear. First lesson is always free and I'm always willing to help a guy out. Gimmie a call. Anytime.