School
    10th Planet Riverside
    Either a reference to WW2 or Zog is talking about those jäger shots lol
    "Never go full retard"
    Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and Periscope @10P4L

Array

School
    10th Planet Mobile, Al
    Diggin it. Thank you for these insights, I look forward to more whenever you have time.

Hey Chris. Nice post. Had a question. I have been taught this before, but when Danaher showed it he didn't swim the arm, but rather he grabbed the knee with both of his hands. I'm watching it and trying to figure out why swimming the arm up and around would be worth it. I'm guessing it is because it might help a person move in a mechanically correct position, but it seems to me that control of the knee and using your opponents momentum to roll would be best. Thoughts?
    Last edited by Jason Eisner; 02-26-2011 at 04:35 PM.

Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago
    Awesome stuff.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Eisner View Post
    Hey Chris. Nice post. Had a question. I have been taught this before, but when Danaher showed it he didn't swim the arm, but rather he grabbed the knee with both of his hands. I'm watching it and trying to figure out why swimming the arm up and around would be worth it. I'm guessing it is because it might help a person move in a mechanically correct position, but it seems to me that control of the knee and using your opponents momentum to roll would be best. Thoughts?

Thanks brotha. Thats really cool to know Danaher is hugging the knee, because I've never known anyone else to teach it that way. The reason I prefer the swim move is that it sets me up positionally (on my side,not rolling over my elbow with a "crunching" motion,which could leave me with a pocket of space). When I swim it forces my hips down eliminating space, pressuring into his leg, minimizing the potential rotation of his legs within mine. I also like that I can slow down the speed of the roll a bit with the swim move as well.
    Last edited by Chris Herzog; 02-27-2011 at 05:40 AM.
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Herzog View Post
    Thanks brotha. Thats really cool to know Danaher is hugging the knee, because I've never known anyone else to teach it that way. The reason I prefer the swim move is that it sets me up positionally (on my side,not rolling over my elbow with a "crunching" motion,which could leave me with a pocket of space). When I swim it forces my hips down eliminating space, pressuring into his leg, minimizing the potential rotation of his legs within mine. I also like that I can slow down the speed of the roll a bit with the swim move as well.
    Cool. I figured it was a body mechanics thing.

Yeah...Danaher is the only BJJ instructor that I have ever had that taught leg locks in regular classes. I am really grateful for that. But obviously he can't teach them every week, so I had to spend some serious cash in private lessons to learn them.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    No problem brotha, anytime.
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Array

School
    10th Planet & Nova Uniao
    Lovin these vids Zog! Thanks for the posts!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12