Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Array

School
    10th Planet Riverside
    The problem is not what you believe in really. It's the fact that most of the Christians (especially here in NZ) would take a no for an answer and will try to shove their religion down your throat!
    When I was at Uni Christians will approach people by themselves to talk about god and try to convert you on the spot, at the bus stop, in town...
    Im pretty sure if I had some sort of revelation about god and all I would go and find them not the way around... They are soooo pushy and exactly like in the video they'll bring the "but you know you'll burn in hell if you're not Christian right?" ... That's a pretty solid argument to convert me to Christianity... NOT!
    People should accept that their way is not the only way.

And at the same time some people have turned their life around with religion and are living a way better life. I'm all for it if it makes you happy and help other people. Just respect my choice of not being into it as much as you are.
    Last edited by John Alighieri; 02-28-2011 at 12:49 PM.

Array

School
    10th Planet Riverside
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Valdez View Post
    I will listen, but don't express opinions that are offensive to the majority of the world.
    I'm pretty sure Christians are not even making half of the world population...

Array

School
    Newborn Cascao
    most of the comments were blanketing religious views, not just one religion in particular which is most of the world, but just in case you were wondering like I was here is a diagram that I found off a quick google. I can't verify it, but I am sure it's relatively close.
    Jigoro Kano → Tsunejiro Tomita → Mitsuyo "Count Koma" Maeda → Carlos Gracie, Sr. → Jean Jacques Machado → Eddie Bravo → Myself

Array

School
    McMahon BJJ
    ( For the devils advocate sake, no pun intended)
    I think even scientists and atheists at some point have to have faith in something, not necessarily in God or Gods. Because even with carbon dating and atomic measurement it is a possible figure and not exact. Sometimes it is way off. For so long scientists thought that they had the human evolution ( timeframe) pegged down, and it was based on scientific facts. Then they realized later after they found an older specimen and had to re-evaluate their theories. So in the mean time I have faith that they are way smarter than me and am having faith that they are not feeding me a crock of shit because I know for damn sure I'm not gonna spend the time to double check their equations! I have jiu-jitsu to learn! Also most recently they have discovered that a proton is (or for now they think it is) way smaller. I left a link if any of you are as nerdy as I am about silly things like this.
    http://physics.about.com/b/2010/07/1...ize-proton.htm . I am with Joe Rogan on this one. There are a lot of people who are helped by religion and some that turn to duchebaggery. As long as they don't try to force me into believing it too, who cares? But your right the dude should have had his shit together before calling a live show! He's not supporting his cause very well!

Array

School
    Ronin
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Valdez View Post
    most of the comments were blanketing religious views, not just one religion in particular which is most of the world, but just in case you were wondering like I was here is a diagram that I found off a quick google. I can't verify it, but I am sure it's relatively close.
    Catholics are Christians? <serious question!
    formerly known as jmw0582

Array

School
    Newborn Cascao
    yes,
    Jigoro Kano → Tsunejiro Tomita → Mitsuyo "Count Koma" Maeda → Carlos Gracie, Sr. → Jean Jacques Machado → Eddie Bravo → Myself

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Mccaghren View Post
    Sorry to hear that so many of you guys have had bad experiences with christians. It is extremely frustrating and heartbreaking to me that I am represented and subsequently judged based on the perceptions produced by people like the caller in that video. I do not feel that he is an accurate representation of my belief structure or my intellectual capabilities.

The church and the traditional understanding of the christian faith produce a great deal of frustration for me; they are far from perfect. But I can say without hesitation that almost every good decision I have made in my life has been made based on the things I was taught growing up in a christian home. It has been a tremendous source of joy and hope in my life, and although I often have doubts and I am far from perfect, I am extremely happy to be struggling through my intellectual journey. I wish everyone could have the experience I have had as a christian, and I wish everyone could be as happy and as blessed as I am.

I hope that one day through your dealings with me, you guys can at the very least come to believe that not every christian is a blathering idiot who can't defend his positions with intelligence or logic, despite the fact that you may disagree with the stated positions.

And I wish good things for all of you
    I was raised in a Christian fanatic home. It was to the point of If I watched certain movies or wore certain clothes I was supporting the devil. It was so strict. I learned nothing out of this man. Sure I was taught not to lie, kill, fuck a donkey, etc etc etc. And I did for a while always think the choices I made were based on a church upbringing in Christianity. But I was wrong. You see it isn't because of some super natural force that leads you to be a good person. I believe your a good person because your a good person. I know plenty of people that don't even step foot in a church and would be there for me in a minute. Then there are people that do go to church that will help you out as well. People are people. Some are crazy and do horrible things to society and then others make good choices to the best of there ability. But is it because of some God of the Old Testament who punished people and had major issues with anger and jealousness? No I don't think so. You speak of the moral values Christianity teaches............yet anything that is done or is performed is determined by the people in the organization. Man developed a way of controlling society to his advantage and for years and years now it has discriminated amongst people. Everyone cant get a long do the their robotic programming on which path is correct to heaven. These group of people are thinking there way is the correct way and everyone else is wrong as such on and such on. Sort of Reminds me of The golden age of Martial Arts when everyone thought their style was the best style. Then came along Bruce Lee. He said how can people be divided like this. We are all people lets get along and train our ass off keeping it real with logic and sense. Keep it real
    Last edited by Aab; 02-28-2011 at 02:09 PM. Reason: cuz i cant fn spell

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiko View Post
    Watch the movie Religulous. I love that movie.
    Great movie!
    Last edited by Jack LaBarge; 02-28-2011 at 02:54 PM.

Array

School
    Delaware Barbell Club & Fitness BJJ
    bill maher-ites

Array

School
    Going Rogue Again
    if you watch more videos from this program it seems that the majority of people who phone in barely understand their own religion. and when the host starts quoting chapters and verses off the top of his head in the middle of an arguement it really does make them look even worse.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast