Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Array

School
    KCBJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Karim Graham View Post
    if you watch more videos from this program it seems that the majority of people who phone in barely understand their own religion. and when the host starts quoting chapters and verses off the top of his head in the middle of an arguement it really does make them look even worse.
    It was actually my study of the bible that turned me to atheism. I can only imagine that the guy on the tv show had a similar experience. Actually, many atheists I know are quite well versed in theological studies since it was a rational search for truth via theology that led them to atheism.

Quote Originally Posted by AJ Camacho View Post
    It was actually my study of the bible that turned me to atheism. I can only imagine that the guy on the tv show had a similar experience. Actually, many atheists I know are quite well versed in theological studies since it was a rational search for truth via theology that led them to atheism.
    Yes! I actually sat down and read the Bible one day. I was like damn.......how can this be. I was so depressed. I was hardcore Christian. It scared me that everything that I heard about God wasn't true. He was actually really evil. And the New Testament is actually just as bad. Jesus lies several times. He tells you to pray and things will be answered. Ask and you shall receive. Doesn't say maybe you shall receive it says ask and you SHALL receive. its all crazy. I wanna know who put all this together. Obviously the church has had some impact on the message the Bible gives. It's crazy. Life is crazy. To think billions of years have passed then all of a sudden I'm born and alive. These 23 years have been crazy. I think All that time has passed yet here I am for 23 years . WTF.

Array

School
    Newborn Cascao
    ^^My favorite atheist know more about the bible than I do. I respect that have done so much to come to their conclusion and probably have more evidence to support their belief than I do to support my own. I even have had some good conversations with them over it that lead me to respect the decision they made for themselves even more. It never leads away from my own beliefs, but like I said I respect people that can have a civil-intelligent thought about their own beliefs.
    Jigoro Kano → Tsunejiro Tomita → Mitsuyo "Count Koma" Maeda → Carlos Gracie, Sr. → Jean Jacques Machado → Eddie Bravo → Myself

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Valdez View Post
    ^^My favorite atheist know more about the bible than I do. I respect that have done so much to come to their conclusion and probably have more evidence to support their belief than I do to support my own. I even have had some good conversations with them over it that lead me to respect the decision they made for themselves even more. It never leads away from my own beliefs, but like I said I respect people that can have a civil-intelligent thought about their own beliefs.
    I wanna know why your Christian. Does it not bother you that the Old Testament is full of slavery, murder , incest, etc etc? It bothers me a little bit man. If anyone is Moral at all you cannot run your family and your home by basing it on the Bible.

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur and 10th Planet Muscle Shoals
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Blankenship View Post
    I wanna know why your Christian. Does it not bother you that the Old Testament is full of slavery, murder , incest, etc etc? It bothers me a little bit man. If anyone is Moral at all you cannot run your family and your home by basing it on the Bible.
    Highly recommended read, my friend:

http://www.amazon.com/Reading-Bible-.../dp/0060609192
    "The lockdown is not the 10th Planet gospel; an open mind is the 10th Planet gospel."
    - Amir Allam

Please stop by and check out my site

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Mccaghren View Post
    Highly recommended read, my friend:

http://www.amazon.com/Reading-Bible-.../dp/0060609192
    I plan on reading the Bible again before the summer is up. I don't know why. It just makes me frustrated. Brandon you are a smart person. I can't believe your Christian. I mean just listen. I have friends from all types of Religion. They all preach to me. What makes one right and the other wrong though? Why should I believe the Baptist and not the Church of Christ? Why should I believe the Pentecostal and not the Methodist? Thats just Protestant things though. why not Christianity over Islam? Or Buddhism over Hinduism? Why is one person better than the other? Empty your cup............think about it like that. Trust me I would want my kids ( if i had any) to be good and moral as possible. But I want truth and logic to be known as well........ahhhhh this subject bothers me as most of my friends are Christian. I think it's heart breaking how people think they are so super natural. What is the purpose of a tree? What is the purpose of a dog or leaf? Yet we think we are so super natural that we will live forever and spend eternity with some kind of God. Yet remember we are just a grain of sand on a beach. That's our universe.........I don't know though. Believe whatever makes you happy. Just try to get along with everybody and be full of humility and compassion. Thats what I believe being moral is .

Array

School
    Newborn Cascao
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Blankenship View Post
    these things are not easily explained or conversed about through the internet. I am very confident in my believes and the reasons that have are very similar to what most peoples are. I will say though, just because a person can disprove a math equation doesn't mean that mathematics is useless.
    Jigoro Kano → Tsunejiro Tomita → Mitsuyo "Count Koma" Maeda → Carlos Gracie, Sr. → Jean Jacques Machado → Eddie Bravo → Myself

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester; 10th Planet St. Paul
    I don't have the math skills or the history knowledge to create an estimate but I often wonder: How many people have been slaughtered since the dawn of humanity because "God is on MY side, not yours!"

Array

School
    Hoosier Fight Club
    All I can say is God is real. I can not tell you the correct path to reach him though... Christianity was manipulated immediately after Jesus' crucifiction. The editorial flames of the Roman empire. Everyone seems to look past the fact that men rewrote most of the scripture and record to establish a way of controlling this "religious uprising". At least that's what I believe. Funny thing is the summerian text seems to verify parts of the bible, or it was the root of it's beginning??? One or the other. Both evil and good exist, there can not be one without the other. But evil will always attempt to control good, and good will always try to weather the attempts. This is just what I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Keeling View Post
    All I can say is God is real. I can not tell you the correct path to reach him though... Christianity was manipulated immediately after Jesus' crucifiction. The editorial flames of the Roman empire. Everyone seems to look past the fact that men rewrote most of the scripture and record to establish a way of controlling this "religious uprising". At least that's what I believe. Funny thing is the summerian text seems to verify parts of the bible, or it was the root of it's beginning??? One or the other. Both evil and good exist, there can not be one without the other. But evil will always attempt to control good, and good will always try to weather the attempts. This is just what I believe.
    wheres your proof god exsist. No disrespect man i like you.......its just the fact ive read the bible. i v read the evild deeds god wants of a man. if i had a dog and he dug out my neighbors trash i wouldn't kill him .. thats what god did to man. his own creation didn't please him so he flooded us and wiped us out ... thats wrong morally and you can't deny that my friend. i love all you tenth planet brothers but you need to think logically for a moment. read the bible and think about it.

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast