Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Array

School
    Fighting Dragons Combat Sports & Behring Jiu Jitsu

I Think I Invented My Own Submission !!!!

Ok this wasn't something I sat down and decided to do, its just been kinda developing over time. I don't use it alot because its from bottom when someone has you in side control, I try not to let myself end up there alot.LOL. BUT when it does happen, I have been able to hit it about 50 percent of the time now. My coach's asked me where I had seen it, told them noplace...... just kinda happend. They havn't seen anything exactly like it before, so I think I'm onto something.LOL.

They told me to name it, until we find out someone has already been doing it , I get the credit for it. We showed it off doing class last night....it was a big hit . Sure going to make it harder to land now with everyone watching for it.LOL.

Call it LIMELIGHT, like the Rush song. Because if you hit it, your the superstar on center stage. LOL.

KInda hard to explain, use jaws of life to push top person's head away. I use my flexability to hook the head with my leg and peel the person off as I sit up. While I'm sitting up I trap an arm and lock my legs into figure 4, curling my legs applying a choke on the neck, while I trap other arm in armbar. Leaves the person armbared and choked in what kinda looks like iron crucifix.

I will try to get one in live action caught on tape, and post it.

Watch you Bit#ch's crush my dreams and tell me you have seen it before. Let me down easy if that happens.LOL.

Array

School
    Carlson Gracie Miami/10P Miami/Ft. Laud Hotbox remnant
    It'd be cool if you came up with it 1st =D. I like the name of it, "Limelight." Just so I get a better mental picture till you can post a video, you're in 1/2G when setting up the LIMELIGHT with the Jaws of Life?

Array

School
    10th Planet HotBox miami
    took me a second, even had to lay down and visualize it, but I see it in my head now. sounds pretty badass. I hope you invented it and it gets added to the system Conner. I may or may not have created a reversal/sub from within some ones scarf control but we'll see what happens with that. you know if you start hitting it from different postions and set ups itll be all the more official. Conner "Limelight" Gibbons ?

Array

School
    I'm on bottom, and person has side control on me. The arm bar it ends with also puts wicked presure on the shoulder. I use jaws of life to create space to get there head up just enough to use my leg to peel them off. I don't need a ton of room, but you need some pretty flexable hips. Some people not so flexable had a harder time going over it last night in this spot.

Are you triangling his head and arm, just his head or just his arm?

From bottom side I hit an inverted triangle sweep a lot to either an overhook armbar, the choke or just the sweep, I'll also sweep with the leg infront of the face, or with the crucifix. Most of which Denny taught me.

There are only so many ways to bend a body the wrong way or render it unconscious, odds are in all the years of people fighting each other somebody has done it before. Who knows though without video can't be sure.

Array

School
    10th Planet Hartford
    Woahh u created a bjj move add it to 10th planet... Your new nickname should be Conner "the limelight machine" gibbons

Array

School
    Kevin G ... Agreed. Thats why I'm not signing any autographs just yet. LOL. Most times I just triangle the head and trap the arm under my leg, sometimes arm gets trapped in the triangle. Both ways work just fine for me. What your describing sounds really close to what I'm doing, at least what I see in my head. Will have to get vid and post it and you guys let me know. Maybe i can hit it tomorrow night. I will give it a shot.

If it gets shot down , at least I will still be the hero at my club, no one was doing it before me...........but than again nobody in my club was doing lock down before me, now everyone does it..... so I guess that doesn't mean alot.lol.

there isn't really a "getting shot down". You train to get better not to invent new moves. If Learning the move makes you better then great. Doesn't matter where you picked it up, if it works and makes your game stronger than its a win.

Array

School
    Dark Horse SWA\10th Planet Bear DE
    sounds like a reverse (sometimes called inverted) triangle?? if you watch eddies latest episode (19) do you end up in the same finishing position?? I use this alot when my opponent leaves his arms between my legs in side control. Once you get there...there are a million finishes (elbow crush,kimora, triangle, sweep to americana, kimora, triangle etc). Im trying to visualize it but this is all i can think of...

Array

School
    Kevin again agreed......... but it still would be cool, to have a move , that would be your own. If it is something thats been done and guys like Denny are showing it, thats supercool to me also. I'm pretty much on my own with 10th planet stuff, not training at a 10th planet school. If my game is progressing in a way that my body is discovering 10th planet sweeps and submissions on it's own.... I'm very ok with that. Makes me feel like I picked the right system for my body and thought process.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast