killing a cold fast

ya so I had a cold last Saturday but it was just a stuffy nose and sore throat so I figured it wouldn't be too big of a deal to go outside a jog a few miles. It was chilly outside and I didn't wear anything but some workout pants and a muscle shirt which was stupid because Sunday morning I woke up with a rattling cough.

I've had it for 3 days now and I've kept out of the gym because I know I need to rest to recover and properly get back to training. But it's not gone and is pissing me off. If it's not gone by next week I'm going back in.

Symptoms:stuffy nose, rattling cough

I could use some fast solutions I've already missed 3 good days of training.

Array

School
    Finney's in St. Louis! H.I.T. Squad in Granite City!
    vitamin C always helps. the dangers with vitamin C are in the kidneys... That said, as long as you get plenty of calcium, you should be fine with giving yourself a few boosts of 500mg vitamin C. Most vitamin C I've taken was 3000 MG per 6 hours. Usually when I feel even a slight cold coming on, I boost with 1000 mg of vitamin C. can work wonders. Don't buy into drugs that promise cold relief because as most doctors knew last century, drugs aren't medicine and cold medicines like DxM can often lower your immune system's functionality. "Let thy food be thy medicine and thy medicine be thy food." - Hypocratic Oath. If you're not comfortable with vitamin supplements, peaches, papiya, oranges, cranberries... cranberries are especially good because they not only contain vitamin C, but they're also very good for your kidneys. Processed foods and meats and fried foods can really set your immune system back as they're known to cause a reaction known as "Digestive Leukocytosis." Meaning, your immune system is devoted to digesting these foods rather than going after your cold. Hope this helps!

Array

School
    Finney's in St. Louis! H.I.T. Squad in Granite City!
    Quote Originally Posted by prowess View Post
    ...cold medicines like DxM...
    I meant to say "cold drugs like DxM"

Array

School
    10th Planet Van Nuys
    If you have what most of LA ha a month ago than its gonna stick for like 2-3 weeks. I was feeling fine after 1 week but runny nose and cough did not go away for another 2 weeks.

Array

School
    Serra BJJ
    Vaporize weed, drink hot green tea. seriously

Array

School
    Carlson Gracie Miami/10P Miami/Ft. Laud Hotbox remnant
    Cold just have to take their run unfortunately =(. Help boost your immune system with

vitamin C
    > these two together are synergistic meaning they produce better effect when used as a pair. Think 1+1=3
    vitamin E

acetaminophen daytime/nighttime formulas are an amazing symptom reliever so you can do your day to day tasks or sleep with minimal discomfort.

stay hydrated and make sure to feed frequently...about every 3 hours small healthy meals *that taste good if you know how to cook*

Good luck buddy, get well soon.

Quote Originally Posted by AndyK5 View Post
    If you have what most of LA ha a month ago than its gonna stick for like 2-3 weeks. I was feeling fine after 1 week but runny nose and cough did not go away for another 2 weeks.
    are you kidding me I am gonna slappa ho if that's true

thanks for the advice broskies