Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Array

School
    Port City MMA
    Quote Originally Posted by Louis Hermann View Post
    10th Planet will be accepted, but it will be move by move until the entire arsenal is accepted.
    It would be nice if all of the BJJ community would
    At least realize and adapt the philosophy of 10th planet to their game but as far an "entire arsenal" being accepted, I don't think there is truly such a thing. Every martial art has techniques that work better for some than others based on their body types, athleteism, speed and overall understanding of the techniques. Every style of grappling has things that are dis-regarded including 10th Planet. Look at the London, Eddie threw it out because people were evolving and it was becoming in-affective. That's another thing that I love about 10th Planet. If it works, use it. If it doesn't, scrap it!

too bad most people don't think for themselves and just eat up whatever is told to them. Guess we're gonna have to see a few more well known bravo subs before people start changing their minds. Let's see... there was aoki's gogo from mount, then korean zombies twister... maybe third time's a charm

Array

School
    Port City MMA
    Quote Originally Posted by zaya View Post
    too bad most people don't think for themselves and just eat up whatever is told to them. Guess we're gonna have to see a few more well known bravo subs before people start changing their minds. Let's see... there was aoki's gogo from mount, then korean zombies twister... maybe third time's a charm
    +1

Array

School
    Carlson Gracie Miami/10P Miami/Ft. Laud Hotbox remnant
    Quote Originally Posted by zaya View Post
    It's like any major change, it'll take time, and it'll have LOTS and LOTS of resistance. How long did the whole world believe that the world was flat? How many people were executed for preaching otherwise? Us .0000000000001% of the JJ community, us 10PJJr's of every skill level, size, race, and gender, are the frontline of this change. Yeah we may get bruised and battered verbally, but we have something that they don't. We know, not through faith, but by evidence and experimentation, that what we have is real, and that what we have is a growing, living thing.

Array

School
    Primal Fighting Systems
    Love Eddies philosophy! He is like the modern day Bruce Lee in the perspective of JJ. Bruce always looked for a technique that fit well into HIS arsenal. He didn't care if it came from TKD, Karate, Hapkido, Judo, JJ. If it worked and he liked it, he practiced it and made it his. That is all Eddie is doing, though gets dogged for it and Bruce is praised to this day.

Array

School
    Port City MMA
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    Love Eddies philosophy! He is like the modern day Bruce Lee in the perspective of JJ. Bruce always looked for a technique that fit well into HIS arsenal. He didn't care if it came from TKD, Karate, Hapkido, Judo, JJ. If it worked and he liked it, he practiced it and made it his. That is all Eddie is doing, though gets dogged for it and Bruce is praised to this
    day.

I couldn't have said it better myself and I've told others the exact same thing!

Array

School
    Port City MMA
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiko View Post
    It's like any major change, it'll take time, and it'll have LOTS and LOTS of resistance. How long did the whole world believe that the world was flat? How many people were executed for preaching otherwise? Us .0000000000001% of the JJ community, us 10PJJr's of every skill level, size, race, and gender, are the frontline of this change. Yeah we may get bruised and battered verbally, but we have something that they don't. We know, not through faith, but by evidence and experimentation, that what we have is real, and that what we have is a growing, living thing.
    Damn man, you could be an inspirational writer! I felt like picking up a m16 and going to war after reading that speech! Kudos to you my friend. The U.S. Military needs people like you! May Jah bless you.

Array

School
    10th Planet Mobile, Al
    honestly I haven't heard anyone hating on Eddie in a bit. i've already proved those guys wrong and they changed their tune. this is so last summer

Array

School
    Going Rogue Again
    Quote Originally Posted by Josh Smith View Post
    So you're a self-admitted nuthugger Don? That's awesome!
    Also Guilty
    and proud

Array

School
    Port City MMA
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Philips View Post
    honestly I haven't heard anyone hating on Eddie in a bit. i've already proved those guys wrong and they changed their tune. this is so last summer
    No disrespect my friend but Mobile is not the only place in the world and Port City is not the only gym in the world. There are plenty of people near and far who still hate and still talk shit. When you jump from school to school like I do and train with different people, you pick up on the chatter. It's like saying terrorism is so 2001. Just because the problem isn't in your back yard doesn't mean that there's not a problem.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast