Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Array

School
    Carlson Gracie Miami/10P Miami/Ft. Laud Hotbox remnant
    Quote Originally Posted by Josh Smith View Post
    Damn man, you could be an inspirational writer! I felt like picking up a m16 and going to war after reading that speech! Kudos to you my friend. The U.S. Military needs people like you! May Jah bless you.
    Ty Josh, I was actually in the Navy. Enjoy eating at Lambert's for me =D. I love The Home of the Throwed Roll.

http://www.throwedrolls.com/

I have to attack the general thread, while the motives are altruistic to get 10th planet jj accepted into the greater community as a whole the way you go about it really doesn't help.
    If the system is as good as many of you claim then it will be accepted and your defence of it is not needed, you are never going to win over the haters through talk but through action.
    10th planet is spread and its roots and soon will probably flower within a few years.
    It will be proven and mainstream all without people defending Eddie or the system.
    It is frustrating when someone rags on your lifestyle (Which is what jj seems to be, more than a sport) but the whole idea of the 10th planet system is to evolve is to keep on moving. You adapt you mutate and if it works you survive. You do not have to try slander brazilian jiu jitsu saying things like "outdated " or that their system "Is a set of moves that never changes" all you do then is create a divide and go against the mentality that your own system tries to teach.
    You will make 10th planet JJ secluded from Brazilian Jiu Jitsu as a whole, which was never the intention, was not the point to learn from each other and keep BJJ as a whole moving forward and evolving?

That's my 2cents bitchez.

Array

School
    Quote Originally Posted by IrishSheep View Post
    I have to attack the general thread, while the motives are altruistic to get 10th planet jj accepted into the greater community as a whole the way you go about it really doesn't help.
    If the system is as good as many of you claim then it will be accepted and your defence of it is not needed, you are never going to win over the haters through talk but through action.
    10th planet is spread and its roots and soon will probably flower within a few years.
    It will be proven and mainstream all without people defending Eddie or the system.
    It is frustrating when someone rags on your lifestyle (Which is what jj seems to be, more than a sport) but the whole idea of the 10th planet system is to evolve is to keep on moving. You adapt you mutate and if it works you survive. You do not have to try slander brazilian jiu jitsu saying things like "outdated " or that their system "Is a set of moves that never changes" all you do then is create a divide and go against the mentality that your own system tries to teach.
    You will make 10th planet JJ secluded from Brazilian Jiu Jitsu as a whole, which was never the intention, was not the point to learn from each other and keep BJJ as a whole moving forward and evolving?

That's my 2cents bitchez.
    Well said Mr. Sheep.

+1

Array

School
    joe hurst jiu jitsu undercover 10thp charlotte
    10th planet hate...lol who cares if they hate or dont? do what you love as they are missing out . i know i travel to alot of schools in my area and they all talk and put down each other,but it is only a select few...

Array

School
    NONE
    Quote Originally Posted by Josh Smith View Post
    I wish all these Jiu Jitsu practitioners out there would stop hating on 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu and Eddie Bravo. Most of them don't even truly know what 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu is all about! The truth is that 10th Planet is more of a open-minded philosophy comprised into a system that is constantly changing and evolving whereas most systems have "THEIR" techniques that they do and nothing more. It's a common mis-conception by most JJ players that Eddie Bravo's system is all about the twister and the rubber guard only when nothing could be further than the truth. The 10th Planet "system" is a very fruitful collect of no gi grappling techniques that descends from many practitioners personal arsenals and different grappling systems alike. These techniques are then reviewed by Instructors and students of 10th Planet schools and added to the system once they have become declared practical and proven their usefulness on the mat at high levels. Eddie has always credited techniques or other knowledge by others that he has received and added to the system. Then Eddie is the man who properly names (if the technique doesn't already have a name), catalogs, and produces these techniques into a cirriculum which in my humble opinion is his greatest achievement ever aside from his respected victory over Master Royler Gracie (who is my Masters younger brother). So to all my Brothers and Sisters of Jiu Jitsu out there, please be open-minded enough to look into it before you condemn it! If you're going to hate something, you might as well know about what it is that you're hating right? And who knows, you might just learn something....

-Joshua Smith (Relson Gracie Blue Belt and three year 10th Planet practitioner)
    I don't mean to be the downer in this thread & all but this letter is probably in the wrong place. You put this letter in a 10th Planet Forum & most people in this forum will support Eddie at the very least for his techniques & at most for his lifestyle, accomplishments & his techniques. So most people that read this will either agree with you or not read it because they support Eddie. You should post this in the Underground or on sherdog to spark some debate. Obviously Eddie read it & thanked you for it but at the end of the day, it isn't reaching the people that you claim that you wanted the letter to reach which is the "Bravo Bashers."

Array

School
    If we're going to reach any traditional jiu jitsu practitioner, especially the ones who are old school and have been in the game AND succeeding at what they've done for so many years, we just have to strive to be excellent at what we do personally with our own game. We'll have to be able to demonstrate it at the varying levels of competition, and optimally, but humble about it so we don't step on people's egos. It's hard to listen to a guy who makes you feel like you're retarded. Just be that local and cool 10PJJ guy and train hard, have fun, and enjoy the journey. I'm as white as white belts can come, and because of it, I'm not really smashing anyone who's more experienced in my gym....yet =D. Someday I'll be hitting swim moves from everywhere, trucks from everywhere, and finishing with moves that the traditional guys haven't seen or standard moves with new applications. It may not be tomorrow, or even a few months from now, but once I start hitting twisters in live rolls vs good opponents, it's inevitable that one of them will ask "how'd you do that?" or "can you show me that setup?" Once you're in that position, you can be super cool and show them in a fun manner. You'll go from the "Guy who gets smashed using 10th Planet" to "The cool 10th Planet Guy with effective/unorthodox game." Just enjoy =D. I'm still trying to get whip ups from lockdown 2 old school with 0 gas in the tank and it's freaking hard as hell to do on bigger guys, but fun =D.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234