Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Array

School
    Going Rogue Again
    Deimos has a point, its not benefiting us guys having it as i sticky, things like this should be discussed more personally to avoid misinterpretation and gossip lol.

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur and 10th Planet Muscle Shoals
    i think the point of it was to prevent it from becoming gossip. public statement and damage control.
    "The lockdown is not the 10th Planet gospel; an open mind is the 10th Planet gospel."
    - Amir Allam

Please stop by and check out my site

K Madden

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan "Máquina" View Post
    The purpose of the topic is in the first sentence of my post.

My post was created after discussing the situation with Eddie.

Nothing personal, but I'm wondering why you are commenting when you don't live in LA, you don't have any firsthand knowledge of the situation and you don't have anything relevant to say here.
    really bud? saying "nothing personal" then bashing someone isnt quite the most respectful thing to do.
    I didnt understand why it was a sticky either. Remember, MOST PEOPLE here arent from LA. So throwing it up there seems a lil much for me too.
    create a post, yes. if it has relevance, it'll stick around anyway.
    I think most everyone understands the dick-head move that Dustin did. I'd be PISSED. But I dont see the need for the sticky.
    I mean really, isnt that something to mention at HQ and the surrounding schools? where it has more relevance anyway?
    just my two cents.

Array

School
    Head instructor 10th Planet Mobile
    Shit, dont fuck up and you won't get stickied.

Array

School
    Bakersfield Brazilian Jiu Jitsu
    Amen to that. Don't get banished from the temple of shaolin son, this shit is way to much fun.

Array

School
    Marcelo Garcia Academy
    Quote Originally Posted by Kendell Madden View Post
    really bud? saying "nothing personal" then bashing someone isnt quite the most respectful thing to do.
    I didnt understand why it was a sticky either. Remember, MOST PEOPLE here arent from LA. So throwing it up there seems a lil much for me too.
    I think most everyone understands the dick-head move that Dustin did. I'd be PISSED. But I dont see the need for the sticky.
    I mean really, isnt that something to mention at HQ and the surrounding schools? where it has more relevance anyway?
    just my two cents.
    First of all, Demois' opinion was that this it was ridiculous that this topic got started. As I mentioned, I made this post after talking to Eddie about it. This is a 10th Planet forum so it's strange that people have any issues with a post that comes as a message from Eddie.

Second, it's not "bashing someone" to point out that someone doesn't have any firsthand knowledge of the situation and therefore they don't have anything relevant to say. There's nothing disrespectful about it at all - in fact, it is not personal.

Third, most people actually do not understand the situation (unlike what you mentioned), that's why post exists.

Fourth, I didn't stickie it anyway - only moderators can do that and I am not a moderator.

Quote Originally Posted by Kendell Madden View Post
    just my two cents.
    First of all, Nathan is one of the most solid dudes you could ever meet. He is also a brown belt from the flagship school and close friends with everyone at 10th Planet HQ, including Eddie, so...just me...but I would want to be cool and make friends.

Also, in the very first line of this thread, Nathan wrote "There has been some misinformation going around about Dustin's status with respect to 10th Planet so this message is to clarify things to those living in LA:"

The part that sticks out to me here is "this message is to clarify things to those living in LA:"

So basically, if you're not from LA, this message isn't for you. What's the biggie?

K Madden

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Eisner View Post
    First of all, Nathan is one of the most solid dudes you could ever meet. He is also a brown belt from the flagship school and close friends with everyone at 10th Planet HQ, including Eddie, so...just me...but I would want to be cool and make friends.

Also, in the very first line of this thread, Nathan wrote "There has been some misinformation going around about Dustin's status with respect to 10th Planet so this message is to clarify things to those living in LA:"

The part that sticks out to me here is "this message is to clarify things to those living in LA:"

So basically, if you're not from LA, this message isn't for you. What's the biggie?
    Point understood. You make sound remarks and I agree now.
    Just sounded a little like brief aggressiveness, but I re-read it and you two are right.

Kick ass. Hope everything works out here. I'll take my Florida ass elsewhere haha

Array

School
    10th Planet Sylmar/ JJBJJ
    THIS REALLY ISN'T A BIG DEAL IN MY OPINION. PEOPLE ARE ENTITLED TO OPEN BUSINESS WHEREVER THEY SO CHOOSE. JUST DONT MAKE HIM AN AFFILIATE. IF I OPEN A GYM NEXT TO MINE WILL i BE KICKED OUT TOO?

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric Martinez View Post
    THIS REALLY ISN'T A BIG DEAL IN MY OPINION. PEOPLE ARE ENTITLED TO OPEN BUSINESS WHEREVER THEY SO CHOOSE. JUST DONT MAKE HIM AN AFFILIATE. IF I OPEN A GYM NEXT TO MINE WILL i BE KICKED OUT TOO?
    It's counter productive to have 2 schools under the same banner so close to eachother. It would force internal competition and internal conflict isn't good. It's also not cool to go against your teacher's wishes and do so anyway. If I asked my boss if I could do something, and they say no, and I do it anyway, I can expect to get fired. In this case, a dude just lost affiliation. So yeah, if you opened a school next to yours, you shouldn't expect to be an affiliate.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast