Thread: Triathlons!!!

Array

School
    10th Planet Hartford

Triathlons!!!

Im planning on doing a teen triathlon so im just wondering how hard are triathlons? Has anyone here ever done one? The triathlon im doing consists of Pool Swim-300 Yards, Bike-10 Miles, Run-2.5 Miles. How would i get perpared for this? Its in about a month (may 22nd).

Array

School
    Back from vacation
    workout

Array

School
    10th Planet Peterborough
    A month is a really short amount of time to prep for a triathlon.
    All i can suggest is practice the race and don't push yourself. Just relax and finish.

exactly i dont think thats enough time unless you are already in tip top shape
    also eat carbs the night before so eat pasta and shit like that
    drink tons of liquids while you are running
    and its good to have good cardio before you do it as well so you might want to work on that alot as well
    good luck!!

Array

School
    10th Planet JJ Melbourne Oz Australia
    Dude, I have done x2 Ironman triathlons two years in a row. That is a 3.8 km open water swim, 180.2 km bike leg, and a marathon without stopping.

Start by regularly swimming riding and running consistently 3 times per week for each discipline. At my peak, I was swimming 15 km per week, biking 850 km per week and running 110 km per week. This was normal during my prep period of 16 weeks leading into the international event. Along the way, I began with fun tri distances and kept progressing. Good luck