Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 LastLast

Array

School
    Jupiter Jiu Jitsu - Jupiter, FL
    Hey Chris, I heard something through the wire that there might be a 10th planet coming around the WPB area, supposedly Henri Hooft is opening up a gym and was brining 10th planet with him. Know anything about this? Also if that's not the case, any hot boxes you know coming around West Palm Beach Area?
    Thank

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Nothing that I have heard of. Nothing official running in Florida as of right now. Kai Bele put his on hiatus for awhile.
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    here is the the thread that has updated criteria and locations

http://www.10thplanetjj.com/threads/...otbox+criteria
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Array

School
    Ronin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebhurts View Post
    Hey Chris, I heard something through the wire that there might be a 10th planet coming around the WPB area, supposedly Henri Hooft is opening up a gym and was brining 10th planet with him. Know anything about this? Also if that's not the case, any hot boxes you know coming around West Palm Beach Area?
    Thank
    I'm in Port Saint Lucie, about an hour North of Boynton. Would you be interested in meeting up and training?

Array

School
    10th Planet Ronin/JKD Institute
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebhurts View Post
    Thank
    As far as I know, Henri is with the Blackzillians?

What's a hotbox?

Array

School
    Ronin
    Quote Originally Posted by Homer View Post
    What's a hotbox?
    To the best of my understanding, a hotbox is a group of local 10 planet practitioners who get together and train where there is no local 10 planet gym/moon (within a 30 mile radius). Hotboxes and their leaders have to be approved before being considered official, and the goal is for a new hotbox to move toward becoming an official 10th planet moon within 2 years; if not, the hotbox is no longer considered official.

Array

School
    Quote Originally Posted by Homer View Post
    What's a hotbox?
    The Hotbox is our "Gracie Garage". It dates back to about 2006ish, where Brandon Woolsey and myself where approved by Chris Herzog to have official 10th Planet "clubs". We hosted seminars and drilled 10th Planet techniques, giving an outlet to ronin without a gym. It was a great way to draw interest and spread the word about 10th Planet. Just as our style has grown, the Hotboxes will now grow. If you ever want your own moon, this is the starting point.

Array

School
    Gracie Barra Oviedo 10th Planet Atlantic Beach
    I feel like Florida will have a Moon in the next year or two. We have quality people in North, Central and South Florida so its only a matter of time!

Array

School
    Quote Originally Posted by kevinculp View Post
    I feel like Florida will have a Moon in the next year or two. We have quality people in North, Central and South Florida so its only a matter of time!
    Kevin, you and I know the perfect person to open a moon. I'm not gonna say the name but there is a guy who could very easily be "The Guy". It's a huge responsibility though, people only see the glamorous side of it.

Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 LastLast