Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Array

School
    Back from vacation
    Quote Originally Posted by J Grooms View Post
    Have a lot of sex.
    while using the o2 trainer! *hold on baby, i need to put something on. What? NO I don't use condoms, I have to get my o2 trainer bitch!

Array

School
    Carlson Gracie Miami/10P Miami/Ft. Laud Hotbox remnant
    Quote Originally Posted by J Grooms View Post
    Have a lot of sex.
    I couldn't agree more Mr. Grooms. Just be safe.

Array

School
    10th Planet Van Nuys
    Do I stop when I get dizzy?

Common now, of course you do!

Bas can't spell lol

Array

School
    10th Planet Fort Lauderdale Hotbox
    Check out Wolf Brigade.

Uhh guys, did you miss where he said it was his FIRST class? He simply needs to grapple more. There is no magic grappling cardio pill he can take between classes. Even guys with good cardio tend to gas early on in training because they dont know what they are doing/push too hard/cant relax/etc. He just needs to go to class more, not find the cutting edge training methods for maximum cardio (that comes a good deal later IMO).

Array

School
    10th Planet jiu jitsu Orange park
    Just roll bud... Then roll some more..... When you are proper beat do it again for 30 min.

Array

School
    Roger Gracie Academy
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiko View Post
    Make sure you're doing sports specific exercise, especially with cardio. If you're rolling 5 minute rounds. HIIT is great *just make sure you only do it every other day or ever 3 days so you recover correctly* , sprints, parachute sprints, working with the body band and sprinting forward then resetting.

Agreed I've found HIIT (High intensity interval training) to be very effective for my cardio in BJJ. I do 200 metre sprints followed by a 30 -90 second rest then sprint again. In total I sprint 8 times and on average it all takes less then 10 minutes and I do this 3 times a week in the mornings and I roll in the evenings so I have easily recovered then. Maybe start HIIT on a bike or cross-trainer first before sprinting to get your body used to it and to build enough strength so you don't injure yourself sprinting.

As for Yoga I have found while some poses can help increase lung capacity it never did anything for my cardio overall. Also if that Bas Rutten thing is the same as something called a Power breather I used years ago then it really isn't for beginners. Plus the more you roll the more your body get's used to it so don't be discouraged by what happened in your first class.

Array

School
    Roger Gracie Academy
    Sorry I meant to write 100 metre sprints not 200 metres! No way can I run 200m 8 times in less then 10 minutes!!

Crossfit is really good for this type of Cardio.

Array

School
    American Top Team/ 10th Planet hot box Miami
    in wrestling we use to do this; which i hated....because i was a slow runner
    (when your knees get better try and do this)
    we use to run a 440 meter lap in under 1:25 (one minute and 25 seconds)......and we use to do like 5 of them after a 5 hour practice :\ and when we would get in trouble for something he would make us do like 11 of them

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast