Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Should i...?

Array

School
    Zombie BJJ - RMNU
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric Perez View Post
    Its kinda like being in the market for a car and you have a brother that sells the car you want but you want to buy from someone else because they won the top salesperson award.
    I can totally see your point with loyalty....
    but the problem is they are selling different cars.

Make your decision based on your intent and needs....as has been stated.

Array

School
    10th Planet Corona
    Yeah you can't tell by looking at them on paper. Test drive.

Array

School
    10th Planet Hartford
    Ok, first: I haven't been on the forum for a while simply because my life is hectic/mad/crazy. I need 30 hour workdays-really. Secondly: Eddie/Mike S.-thanks for the support and the kudos. Heartfelt thanks across the board to you to guys. Third-EVERYONE-being supportive of an organization and it's founder is great, but bear in mind that Emir is only about 13 or 14. YES; he does get a bit annoyng at times and posts repetitive/inane questions and threads, but think of him like the little brother or kid who's always pestering his older brother or neighbor that he looks up to. Yes, I have gotten frustrated with him previously (hey, I'm being honest), but he's a decent kid just trying to find his way.
    Now, on to business: I know Andrew. He's an ok guy, decent JJ. Yes he WAS with Renzo and does train with several notable BJJ players, but so do a lot of people. That in and of itself doesn't make ANYONE great or a great instructor. If you're only looking at credentials and rank/colors Emir, here are some facts about myself (just in case, and I'm sorry if this sounds like tooting my own horn, but I see so many others do worse "I'm the best this, I'm the baddest that" etc):
    I have WELL over 20-25 years training several martial arts and Submission Wrestling/JJ specifically. I have been coaching for about 18 years. As far as skill/competitions-I have placed or won in my Advanced/Expert/BLACK BELT divisions in (arguably) the biggest submission grappling tournament in the world next to ADCC: NAGA repeatedly over the years, not in some smaller "Mom and Pop" tournies. While my team hasn't competed as frequently as many others in the area here, when we do, we do well; usually placing or winning in our divisions often. I have personally competed in MMA and Muay Thai over the years (and will soon be doing so again) and done very well. Not only are we affiliated with Eddie Bravo and 10th Planet, but I am a Senior Instructor/Kru and New England Representative of Arjarn Kru Phil Nurse (trainer of a few guys you may have heard of in the UFC) and I train with him regularly. I am the LEADING AUTHORITY on Muay Thai in CT and one of two in New England.

And yes guys, Emir has come in and trained with us. He has rolled with some of my whites and Blues and knows how good they are. Mike is one of my top guys, great person, man, friend, and student. Excellent coach as well. Also, as someone indicated, the real difference between Purple and Black isn't that much at all if the quality is there. If you're measuring coaching style, well that's a different thing entirely. Knowing some instructors I can say they wouldn't have been as patient with Emir as we have . Also don't forget, Eddie beat (arguably) the best submission grappler at the time in ADCC as a brown belt, and that person won't give him a rematch. Ryan Hall was killing it in competitions up and down the east coast in advanced/black belt as a Purple Belt FOREVER before leaving Lloyd Irvin. My own student Tyler Connal has been KILLING in advanced/black belt divisions as a BLUE BELT for over a year now, and Mike has been KILLING in intermediate as a white/blue belt for over a year.
    I guess you could say "a belt is only good for holding your pants up". Especially in no-gi submission wrestling.
    Emir, what I'm saying is; you really need to start going somewhere, ANYWHERE consistently. Keep your mouth closed, nose to the grindstone, and show up and TRAIN! Also, don't be so caught up in if the "Purple Belt" instructor isn't running a class all the time. If you want to train with me ONLY, schedule a private. If you want to learn GREAT submission wrestling/10th Planet JJ, then come in and go to class, drill, and listne to the instructor teaching the class whether it's beginner, intermediate, or advanced. Again, if you want a private, have it scheduled by your parents, but the important thing to realize is: NO ONE can decide or train for you. YOU are responsible for yourself. The sooner you realie that and actually train, the sooner you can start reaching your goals.

Array

School
    Head instructor 10th Planet Mobile
    "If your not with us, your against us" Really?

Emir, You know ultimately its you that is going to have to put forth an insane amount of effort to achieve anything. Whether your instructor is purple, black, this site, a copy of MTRG and some old mats. You really do need to just get to work. Training hard will answer so many questions. Like, "What are your top strikers top 10 video game controller grip preferences on the 2nd Tuesday in June? "

Array

School
    Star jiu jitsu/ formerly of 10th planet sherman
    i used to go to a school run by a black belt and it was pretty good. I visited 10thplanet sherman and recieved the best jj lesson I ever had from their purple belt instructor Michael west. Could care less what rank the person has so long as they have sick skills and awesome teaching abilities

Array

School
    10th Planet Hartford
    Yes i know i can be annoying, and no ive never had issues with any other coach as for training, it's not possible for me to do right now as im in a cast with a broken wrist, so im just trying to get my training straight so when my cast comes off i know exactly what i want. My main obstacle is my mom she doesnt like some gyms as much as other for no good reason (yes moms can get strange). To be honest my mom does not like the 10th planet system for ignorant reasons, i absotlutley love it, like a fat kid loves cake (: . My latest training is going to be muay thai in holland, im visiting realitives their and will make sure to hit up some of the gyms. When i get back from holland i would like to train at 10th planet and new england mma, witch will most likley be my ultimate decision.

Array

School
    10th Planet Hartford
    Well sounds like you have a plan Emir. Hope the wrist heals up well and your trip to Holland is a fun and safe one! Once you are healed up swing by 10th Planet Hartford, we'll be there training hard as always .

Array

School
    10th Planet Hartford
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Seabrook View Post
    Well sounds like you have a plan Emir. Hope the wrist heals up well and your trip to Holland is a fun and safe one! Once you are healed up swing by 10th Planet Hartford, we'll be there training hard as always .
    Thanks Mike! Keep training hard man, good luck on your purple belt.

Array

School
    10th Planet Birmingham UK
    Put moms in the twister and see how she likes 10th PJJ now!! :P

Array

School
    10th Planet H.Q
    Dang....i feel bad for the kid...some of you guys are ruthless...LOL

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast