Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Array

School
    Team Destruction MMA
    I think of octagon control as the guy controlling where the fight takes place, and how the other guy is reacting. Alistair not knowing what Werdum was up to and defending almost the whole time. We all know those knockdows and trips were Werdums way of trying to get the fight to the ground. Werdum outstruck him. We all know the ref standing up Werdum is an advantage to Alistair.

Array

School
    Roger Gracie Academy
    Quote Originally Posted by gibb View Post
    I think of octagon control as the guy controlling where the fight takes place, and how the other guy is reacting.
    Erm.......Didn't the majority of the fight take place standing because Overeem wanted it to? and wasn't Werdum's reaction to keep falling to the floor?? Even begging and pleading with him to come into his guard? By your own definition it seems you thought Allastair had Octagon control????

Array

School
    Team Destruction MMA
    You are right.

Array

School
    Summit City Submissions
    It's always easy to criticize. Just saying.

Array

School
    Roger Gracie Academy
    Now if Overeem was wearing a Gi then things might have been different!!!

In Eddie's own words he evolved Jiu-jitsu to improve it's reputation in MMA. His philosophy makes perfect sense to me. Too many black belts are used to having handles (grabbing the Gi) and do not work on their clinch enough. This could of been the difference in that fight. It's also another reason why Wrestlers can make such a smooth transition to MMA as they are used to controlling someone without have clothes to grab onto.

Array

School
    The Hurt Factory
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Martin View Post
    some good ol wrestling skills would have changed outcome.

Barnett> Werdum or Overeem hahaha
    I concur!!!! sick side choke! BARNETT FTW!!!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234