Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
    Array

School
    Hoosier Fight Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Nate Hollyfield View Post
    This is an OLLLLDDD thread, but I have a constraint of no-gi schools around me, and one thing I hear often from people at the place I train is that gi will tighten up the no-gi.... I have never found it to be true, but is this everyone's opinion? I dont like the gi training, but since its all I have around, I put up with it. But I was mostly curious as to the general consensus on that... will the gi game make no gi better?
    Training in the Gi will increase your posture and base (because of pulling on the collar/sleeve). Seeing how posture and base are crucial aspects of the No-Gi game... Then I would say the Gi would be a good training tool to "increase your performance" in No-Gi. There are many more angles/aspects that Gi training provides. But these, I think are the biggest benefits.

Array

School
    Hoosier Fight Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiko View Post
    Can I have some of your deadly Guillotine, Triangle, and RNC skills please =D.
    Why yes, yes you can Fly up to Louisville, or fly me to Miami. (I like the latter better) And I would be happy to pass along some knawledge

Array

School
    Carlson Gracie Miami/10P Miami/Ft. Laud Hotbox remnant
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Keeling View Post
    Why yes, yes you can Fly up to Louisville, or fly me to Miami. (I like the latter better) And I would be happy to pass along some knawledge
    Hmm....I've never been to KY. I heard you guys throw some badass BBQ's up there. Lean BBQ + Jiu Jitsu = the good life.

Array

School
    Quote Originally Posted by Nate Hollyfield View Post
    This is an OLLLLDDD thread, but I have a constraint of no-gi schools around me, and one thing I hear often from people at the place I train is that gi will tighten up the no-gi.... I have never found it to be true, but is this everyone's opinion? I dont like the gi training, but since its all I have around, I put up with it. But I was mostly curious as to the general consensus on that... will the gi game make no gi better?
    Training in gi makes your gi skill set better, training in nogi makes your nogi better. Sure there's some crossover, but the two sports are so very different now, regardless of the similarities. It's like kung-fu and karate, or judo and greco-roman. in nogi sweat is a big factor, so those over/under hooks better be working.

Array

School
    Derby City MMA/ Ronin
    we also don't have alcohol limits on % in beer. bars are open til 4, have the highest amount of fast food per capita, and some amazing scenery. I realize not all of that is good, but whatever.

Array

School
    Pivatol
    I stated jiu-jitsu about three years ago and was doing it for three months before i completly tore every tendon in my right shoulder and was out for over two years. I started back about 8months ago and I have always wore a gi. About 2 months ago now i ran across 10th planet and eddie bravo. It has completly changed my game and I have been using the gi. Its alittle hard for me to get as much reps as ya'll due to my gym being a traditional jj place so im just practicing some of my techniques after class when we free train. I would have to say that eddie's techniques fit me perfectly. Im a small guy at 130lbs and most guys in my gym are 160-260. These techniques used with gi on larger guys is amazing. I have found one problem with them grabbing my pant leg and using that to try and pass which they are sometimes successful, unless i can catch that leg in butterfly while in mission control. It sucks that I have no gyms closer to perfect my technique but the technique section is amazing and now that i found a 10th planet about 3.5hours from me i plan on taking that trip once a month. Im looking at competing in NAGA coming in april and i wish to do it in the gi so if anyone as any tips or suggestions let me know. Im gald this site exsits because it has completly pissed off everyone in my gym, lol. They hate rolling with me now, lol!!

Array

School
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshua Spriggs View Post
    we also don't have alcohol limits on % in beer. bars are open til 4, have the highest amount of fast food per capita, and some amazing scenery. I realize not all of that is good, but whatever.
    so long as there are cool people and jiu jitsu, I'm happy, minus the fast food. I'd probably be cooking a lot.

This is how i do it when i roll bjj i usually get rubber guard right away and they dont know what the hell to do
    Wen i do no gi i dont stand a chance because they are all more experienced

Renato what black belt degree are you? Do you have a belt in 10th planet?

Array

School
    10th Planet Springfield
    Can I order this design as a patch for my gi?
    superherojiujitsuacademy.com
    http://www.defensesoap.com/idevaffil...ate.php?id=327
    10P4L
    F&V forever
    Ps 144:1 Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
    Ge 32:24 And Jacob was left alone; and there wrestled a man with him until the breaking of the day.
    Blackbelt 3/28/13

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast