Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Array

School
    Back from vacation
    Quote Originally Posted by Corky View Post
    with you in it?
    +1

There's a part of me that wants to see Eddie Bravo do the MMA fight so he can train with Joe Rogan to knock Royler out with a spinning back kick. It would be like some stoner the Karate Kid except with Tae Kwan Do.

Can I just take Royler's side for fun. Isn't Eddie constantly claiming he's trying to create a style that is mainly focused on MMA, so why doesn't he prove that his style is superior on a horrible striker. Also, which would you take, a match for 100k or a pride match, is he being a good business man by leaving his ego at the door?

Array

School
    Salem
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric Perez View Post
    The only way Royler is going to hit Eddie in the face open handed is when he taps to a submission again
    Whats funny is he did that when Eddie got him with that triangle hahaha! If you watch the Twister video Royler looks so pissed when the guy sticks the mic in his face. Eddie just seemed overwhelmed. Shit I would be to!

Array

School
    Going Rogue Again
    Quote Originally Posted by Laura Caffy View Post
    Can I just take Royler's side for fun. Isn't Eddie constantly claiming he's trying to create a style that is mainly focused on MMA, so why doesn't he prove that his style is superior on a horrible striker. Also, which would you take, a match for 100k or a pride match, is he being a good business man by leaving his ego at the door?
    ego has nothing to do with it man. imagine you played basketball all your life, and you once beet a fantastic guy at a game of one on one, it was a great feat.but its like instead of him facing you again at one on one basketball to get even, he dick tucks, then challenges you to play american football. when youve never even played in your life, and hes been in some good teams a while back. not to mention the risk of injury is significantly higher etc it would be a completely unfair challenge. accepting it would be stupid.

Array

School
    Monolith Sambo
    I would be extremely interested in seeing this MMA fight, but I also completely understand if there's hesitation or non-interest on Eddie's part.

Array

School
    searching
    He (SoreLooser) lost in a grappling competition. If he wants the rematch it should be in a grappling competition. Plane and simple. How is declining a rematch in a grappling contest and offering to fight him in an MMA match the same thing? Two different sports....

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur
    yeah.. I would love to see this match (MMA).. but even if 9/10 times eddie won.. heck even if 10/10 times eddie won.. the pay would have to be good enough to cover the potential loss of teaching and seminars he might lose due to an injury.. Lets say eddie is raining down some bravo punishment on royler.. and connects wrong and breaks his hand.. even though its still a win.. is it worth the amount of time hed be out of jiujitsu? id say it would depend on the amount offered for the fight. I mean.. if ur getting 100k for an MMA match.. thats probably worth any injury that could happen with Royler in the cage with you.. (lets be honest.. nobody is getting any brain damage fighting that guy).. I say take the match.. smoke down before you get in the cage... And after neutralizing his punches with rubber guard.. Finish him with a twister.. kill 4 birds with one stone..

Few spare minutes at work

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567