Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)

"little guys" of Combat Sports appreciation...

So I've been fighting with my employer about switching my work shift. Arguing with my fiancee about my budget. Why? Because I want to train at 10th planet Rochester. It's been a bitch.

My point is, I kinda had a little light bulb go off in my head and I realized that all you guys who train.....every single one of you guys are warriors. You guys are the lifeblood of the sport. Each of you have to make sacrifices. You have to make training a part of your whole lifestyle, not just a hobby. Blood, sweat, tears, injuries. Why? To learn more. To get better. To grow. To challenge yourself. To become the best you can be.

It reminds me of the speech on a recent MTS episode where the newly promoted blackbelt admitted that he had to sacrifice school, work, girlfriends, etc. to reach that goal. That's serious dedication.

So yeah guys. From me to you, pat yourself on the back. You guys are more than "the little guys." You're the reason our sport(s) thrive. It's built on your backs. Cheers to you all.

One day, I hope to get my shit straight so I can finally be a participant and not just an observer.