Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Array

School
    10th Planet Bear
    try to sweep for top position. if he sits in your guard open it up a bit and threaten with a guilliotine when he tries to defend he will usually expose his lats, sneak your arm through and go for the 100%. works for me hope it helps

Quote Originally Posted by mike bunten View Post
    ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → b a select start ....?
    iddqd
    idkfa

Array

School
    10th Planet JJ Melbourne Oz Australia
    You gotta take the back at all costs. Back your self and do it every opportunity every single day.

Array

School
    Ethos Jiu-Jitsu & Martial Arts of Tyler, Texas
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Bunten View Post
    ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A select start ....?
    Al-muthafuckin-ready!

Array

School
    blank
    idclip

Array

School
    NA
    power overwhelming

Quote Originally Posted by Don Quinn View Post
    During training I have no problem in training or even competing against larger or stronger opponents. The problem is at the end of class when you roll and you do 5 minute rounds how do you effectively use Jiu Jitsu Technique when the larger stronger opponent is constantly using muscle to hold you down and not use much technique, most of the larger guys I train with are excellent at using technique and actually not muscling through moves but there are a few that just want to use full on muscle for 5 minutes roll for 2 rounds and then be completely gassed and sit on the side till they leave......HOW do you combat this situation? any suggestions would be appreciated. This is the same type of guy that will hold you in closed guard for 3 minutes and not try and advance. It gets very aggravating!
    You fix this, by not being a white belt anymore (meaning keep practicing).

Array

School
    Unafiliated gyms
    Keep them moving so they tired out even if you can't stop them from advancing make them work for it through your own technique and then once they are sucking air use strategically timed false advancement attempts and then advance somewhere else just keep your cool and pay attention I constantly train with people at least 20 pounds heavier than me and that's all I do when they try to muscle me and I find it easier to go against larger opponents due to the fact that they get cocky and slip up and try to muscle it about +80% of the time good luck man

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12