Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by James III View Post
    It's also too simplistic to use Shawn Tompkins as an example for your viewpoint. We do not know if his family even had a history of heart problems. .
    Yes we do. The answer: They did. Which proves my point. Genetics is the great equalizer, its known. I am not going to bother citing literature for you if you wont even accept Tompkins as an example.

Lets turn this argument on its head... why don't you give me a double blinded, independently funded study from an institution or lab with a credible research history to prove the contrary. Don't waste your time. You cant.

Array

School
    10th Planet Springfield
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Patrick View Post

If you want to throw money at the internet, I hear Mike Dewitt is trying to go to the worlds.
    Send money to paypal email: mdewitt86@gmail.com personal gift! Thanks for the plug D.P.
    superherojiujitsuacademy.com
    http://www.defensesoap.com/idevaffil...ate.php?id=327
    10P4L
    F&V forever
    Ps 144:1 Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
    Ge 32:24 And Jacob was left alone; and there wrestled a man with him until the breaking of the day.
    Blackbelt 3/28/13

Array

School
    Roger Gracie Academy
    Yes we do. The answer: They did. Which proves my point. Genetics is the great equalizer, its known. I am not going to bother citing literature for you if you wont even accept Tompkins as an example.

Lets turn this argument on its head... why don't you give me a double blinded, independently funded study from an institution or lab with a credible research history to prove the contrary. Don't waste your time. You cant.
    If you believe that proves your point then by all means carry only living in ignorance in your black and white world. The rest of us will see this world for what it is and that is different shades of grey. Life is far more complex then how you appear to rationalize it. There are a multiple of factors involved in anything not just any one issue and I include Nutrition in that by the way.

lol at your inability to answer any of my questions so you quickly reverse and try ask me questions instead! You're fooling no-one with that desperate manouvre! Answer my questions first by providing me at least one study that backs up your claims meeting the criteria I asked for. If you can do that hen I will give a link (+ temporary access) to the UCL (University College London) research database. There you can type in the search engine any topic of interest and find the relevant paper. How's that for a deal then? I think I'm being quite fair and reasonible here.

Array

School
    Going Rogue Again
    can you two just fuck and get it over with?

Array

School
    Liverpool Vale Tudo
    Well his name IS D.P, I'm just sayin'

Quote Originally Posted by James III View Post
    If you believe that proves your point then by all means carry only living in ignorance in your black and white world. The rest of us will see this world for what it is and that is different shades of grey. Life is far more complex then how you appear to rationalize it. There are a multiple of factors involved in anything not just any one issue and I include Nutrition in that by the way.

lol at your inability to answer any of my questions so you quickly reverse and try ask me questions instead! You're fooling no-one with that desperate manouvre! Answer my questions first by providing me at least one study that backs up your claims meeting the criteria I asked for. If you can do that hen I will give a link (+ temporary access) to the UCL (University College London) research database. There you can type in the search engine any topic of interest and find the relevant paper. How's that for a deal then? I think I'm being quite fair and reasonible here.
    Wow you played the ignorance card. Can we try to keep this a little more civil?

Look into Alpha-1 antitrypsin deficiency. Its a genetic disease that causes COPD/Emphysema. Hope none of you smokers are carrying around this defect. Srsly.

Familial Hypercholesterolemia results from mutations in the low density lipoprotein receptor gene. You obviously know what that leads to.

All sorts of cancer are gene related. Inherited abnormalities of tumor suppressor genes have been found in family cancer syndromes. They cause certain types of cancer to run in families. For example, a defective APC gene causes familial adenomatous polyposis, which guarantees you will get colon cancer unless its cut out. Medullary cancer of the thyroid, gastrointestinal stromal tumors are part of a genetically inherited syndrome. Inherited mutations in the gene called MET cause hereditary papillary renal cancer. BRCA gene defects are the cause of many breast and ovarian cancers.... these BRCA gene defects also cause prostate cancer in males as do defects in HPC1 gene. I could go on, but this thread is getting tired.

We are all dealt a genetic hand at birth. Some of us are given Ford Pinto genes, others Porsche genes. If you take care of your Pinto genes you might get some mileage out of body/car.. but its not guaranteed (ala Thompkins). People with Porsche genes can get away with less maintenance... and if they take of their body/car can rack up some serious mileage. If given the choice, I would always choose superior genes over pills and procedures, thus my statements.

Array

School
    10th planet Peterborough
    someone at the start of the thread asked how it works ... this is some of it ..
    Sleep 101 — The Importance of Dreams

Sleep can be roughly grouped into two categories, Rapid Eye Movement (REM) sleep, and Slow Wave Sleep (SWS). Both of these types of sleep provide different benefits to the human organism. Slow Wave Sleep is dreamless and fosters bodily and systemic recovery. REM is the dreaming sleep, and plays the vital role of helping the mind process the mental clutter and store the data that has accumulated throughout the day. Studies have shown that without adequate REM sleep, people will literally go insane and crash like a computer unable to reboot after accumulating too much software.

Conversely, strong creativity has been linked to strong REM sleep. Documented stories of composers creating entire symphonies, and authors envisioning the entirety of a published work while dreaming are commonplace. For the creative and active mind, REM sleep is a crucial component, and recent research has indicated that the mechanism by which the body controls REM is closely linked to the release of Acetylcholine.

Acetylcholine Is the Key to Strong REM Sleep

Put quite simply, Acetlycholine release is greater during REM sleep than the Non-REM sleep or Slow Wave Sleep. The greater the levels of Acetylcholine released, the more persistent and intense the REM sleep.

This has been studied by watching the function of memory consolidation in correlation to acetylcholine. In scientific terms, “It is thought that the release of acetylcholine in the neocortex controls the flow of information from the hippocampus to the neocortex…which suggests that procedural memory consolidation may depend more on REM sleep. It is proposed that REM sleep with high level of acetylcholine enhance synaptic plasticity and memory consolidation.” Guis, S & Born 2004 in Power A.E. 2004.

Now whether dreaming is a causitive part of this memory consolidation process or a byproduct of it is not exactly clear, but the correlation is proven beyond empirical doubt. So to sum all this up: More Acetylcholine = More REM sleep = More powerful dreaming.

Lucid Dreams: The (Attainable) Holy Grail of Dreaming

Have you ever had a dream in which you became aware that you were dreaming while you were still in the dream? If so, what did you do? Did you fly? Did you explore sexual fantasies? Did you turn a nightmare around by kicking a whole lot of ass and waking up feeling like Bruce Willis? That is the world of possibility open to the lucid dreamer, and a quick example of why it is such a highly sought after state.

Deirdre Barrett, in her 1992 study on lucid dreaming described four “corollaries” of lucidity: knowing that one dreams, that objects will disappear after waking, that physical laws need not apply, and having clear memory of the waking world. A true lucid dream has at least one, if not all of these categories to qualify.

An early recorded lucid dreamer was the philosopher and physician Sir Thomas Browne (1605–1682). Browne was fascinated by the world of dreams and described his own ability to lucid dream in his Religio Medici: “…yet in one dream I can compose a whole Comedy, behold the action, apprehend the jests and laugh my self awake at the conceits thereof.”

A study on memory, testing the acetylcholinesterase inhibitor commonly known as Galantamine reported Lucid Dreams as a side effect of the drug, proving the correlation between increased levels of Acetylcholine and the possibility of more lucid dreams. It only makes sense. If you have more time in the REM dream state, more intensity of your dream state, why wouldn’t you have more of an opportunity to make them lucid? And there is no doubt that AlphaBrain is a more powerful acetylcholine booster than galantamine… In fact, we believe that AlphaBrain is the best naturally derived acetylcholine booster in the world.

Alpha Brain: The best naturally derived Acetylcholine booster in the world?

Why is Alpha Brain possibly the best naturally derived Acetylcholine booster in the world? There are two main reasons. First, we use the best quality, most bio-available, and not coincidentally the most expensive variety of Choline, the raw source of Acetylcholine. GPC Choline (Glyceryl Phorsphoryl Choline) is unrivaled for potentiality and generally accepted as the strongest raw choline source, dwarfing the efficacy of choline bitrartate.

Second, we include the proven acetylcholinesterase inhibitor Huperzia Serrata, with standardized levels of Huperzine A. Huperzine A has been studied successfully in conjunction with Alzheimers, and the mechanism of inhibiting the breakdown of acetylcholine is well documented. What does this mean so far? It means that not only will you have more raw materials to build acetylcholine (GPC Choline), you will also be actively preventing the breakdown and destruction of acetylcholine by acetylcholinesterase. By using full spectrum Huperzia Serrata instead of Huperzine A, you also get the benefits of Huperzine B and myriad other supporting Alkaloids. For more information on why using full spectrum Huperzia is an advantage, take a look at this article by our supplier here.

Next, consider the philosophy of our nootropic formula. Not only are we boosting Acetlylcholine, we are also using Mucuna Pruriens to raise levels of L-Dopa, and including GABA to make a well rounded and balanced brain formula. This in itself combats unnecessary hyperactivity associated with higher levels of Acetlycholine, but we go even farther by offering an elephant dose of the trusted anxiolytic Oat Straw in a 10x formlation. This allows us to turn the mental power quotient up higher than other formulas, giving a maximum acetylcholine charge, without the unwanted potential side effects.

Finally let us consider our other active ingredients. AC-11 (r), the patented ingredient extracted from the rainforest herb cat’s claw is so powerful it has been proven to repair DNA! In our formula this acts as a nuclear antioxidant, eradicating free radicals that clog the neural pathways and create mental fog. Pterostilbene and Bacopa are powerful cognitive enhancers in their own right and Vinpocetine is a cerebral vasodilator that brings blood into the brain. With more blood comes more nutrients and circulation, and that is always a good thing.

All of this may seem complicated but it can be summed up like this. More acetylcholine gives you stronger REM sleep, and stronger REM sleep gives you more vivid dreams, and the opportunity to turn those dreams to lucid dreams. AlphaBrain is perhaps the best natural acetylcholine boosting supplement in existence, and thereby very well may be the best dream supplement.
    Stewart Landry
    Head Instructor 10th Planet Peterborough

Array

School
    10th planet Peterborough
    What is Intelligence?

What is it that separates the great minds from the good minds? Raw intelligence is a factor. But what is intelligence? Is it the ability to access information more quickly? Is it the ability to store more learned information more efficiently? Is it the ability to induce connections between seemingly unrelated events? Is it the ability to stay focused and determined? Is it the ability to dream things that have never been imagined before? If that is what intelligence is, then Acetylcholine is the intelligence chemical.

Acetylcholine — The smart stuff

One of the most important proven functions of Acetylcholine is the improvement of Synaptic Plasticity. According to Wikipedia, “In neuroscience, synaptic plasticity is the ability of the connection, or synapse, between two neurons to change in strength in response to either use or disuse of transmission over synaptic pathways.”

To simplify the meaning of this, imagine your synapses like pieces of metal trying to conduct electricity. If the metal is rigid and brittle the contact between pieces will be limited and some energy from the transmission will be lost. If the metal soft and malleable, like hot gold, they will lock together more easily and more efficiently transmit energy, or in this case data. Acetlylcholine is what makes your neurons malleable, which is referred to technically as enhancing synaptic plasticity.

The widely accepted Hebbian theory states that “since memories are postulated to be represented by vastly interconnected networks of synapses in the brain, synaptic plasticity is one of the important neurochemical foundations of learning and memory.”

Alphabrain– The most powerful natural Acetylcholine booster?

AlphaBrain boosts acetylcholine with a two pronged strategy. First is to supply the body with the best natural form of Choline (GPC Choline). Choline is the raw material from which acetylcholine is converted. The second prong is the Huperzia Serrata, which contains the proven and tested Acetylcholinesterase inhibitor Huperzine A. Acetylcholinesterase is the chemical that breaks down and disposes of Acetylcholine. By inhibiting the breakdown of Acetylcholine, this means there is more Acetylcholine to spare. We use full spectrum Huperzia Serrata which has advantages over isolated Huperzine A that are well described by our supplier in this article.

Creating a balanced nootropic.

One of the problems with traditional acetylcholine boosters is that they throw the rest of your crucial brain chemicals out of balance. Gaba, the chemical that regulates relaxation and peace of mind, Dopamine which has been linked to attention, focus, and emotional availabily, and Serotonin, the happy chemical all get overshadowed by the abundance of acetylcholine. We sought to change this by including GABA and Mucuna Pruriens with standardized L-Dopa (the building block of Dopamine) When taken with RollOVER, the serotonin building powerhouse, all aspects of mental efficiency will be raised equally and no imbalance will be created.

The Alpha Brain is Relaxed and Clear

In order to crank up our acetlycholine power to the maximum while still staying relaxed we have included an elephant dose of the trusted anti-anxiety herb Oatstraw in a 10x formulation. This will keep you calm as a zen master no matter how challenging your tasks may be. In addition to this we included the antioxidant powerhouses AC-11, Bacopa, and Pterostilbene to eliminate the free radicals clogging up the neural pathways, so you stay clear and energetic.
    Stewart Landry
    Head Instructor 10th Planet Peterborough

Thanks Stewart, now I got at least a little bit of information

Array

School
    Roger Gracie Academy
    Wow you played the ignorance card. Can we try to keep this a little more civil?

Look into Alpha-1 antitrypsin deficiency. Its a genetic disease that causes COPD/Emphysema. Hope none of you smokers are carrying around this defect. Srsly.

Familial Hypercholesterolemia results from mutations in the low density lipoprotein receptor gene. You obviously know what that leads to.

All sorts of cancer are gene related. Inherited abnormalities of tumor suppressor genes have been found in family cancer syndromes. They cause certain types of cancer to run in families. For example, a defective APC gene causes familial adenomatous polyposis, which guarantees you will get colon cancer unless its cut out. Medullary cancer of the thyroid, gastrointestinal stromal tumors are part of a genetically inherited syndrome. Inherited mutations in the gene called MET cause hereditary papillary renal cancer. BRCA gene defects are the cause of many breast and ovarian cancers.... these BRCA gene defects also cause prostate cancer in males as do defects in HPC1 gene. I could go on, but this thread is getting tired.

We are all dealt a genetic hand at birth. Some of us are given Ford Pinto genes, others Porsche genes. If you take care of your Pinto genes you might get some mileage out of body/car.. but its not guaranteed (ala Thompkins). People with Porsche genes can get away with less maintenance... and if they take of their body/car can rack up some serious mileage. If given the choice, I would always choose superior genes over pills and procedures, thus my statements.
    I see so telling me to find something you state that I can't is civil in your book? I'm happy to keep this civil but I suspect like yourself I really can't be bothered with this issue anymore.

In my opinion you're focusing on just one piece of the puzzle. I feel it's alot more complex then that. Since you are unlikely to read any book recommendations I might have how about a short film instead? On the conspiricy thread there should still be a film called 'A world without cancer'. It's very brief compared to the book but outlines the effective role in just one area of Nutrition (Vitamin B17) in killing cancer cells. If you want the more in deph science behind how it works buy the updated book of the same name by G.E Griffin. It's not the only food based Cancer treatment which has been scientifically shown to be effective but has been supressed. Hemp Oil, High dose Vitamin C etc. There are lots and lots. Again Cancer is worse in Countrys that have a worse diet. There is a direct correlation. Japan has much lower cancer rates then any Western country. So even if you are genetically predisposed to getting Cancer it has been shown with proper diet that the Cancer with never develop. This applies to Heart disease as well by the way.

We are unlikely to change each others minds on this issue so let's agree to disagree and move on. I apologise to you if you felt insulted. I should have conducted myself more in a more civil way towards you yesterday. No excuses.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast