Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Array

School
    Kankakee Jiu Jitsu Club

NAGA experience level

Iv been training off and on for a year and a half only in a gym for three months mainly with buddies in my garage. This is my first tournament what level should I enter

Array

School
    On the search
    Ever wrestle before?

Array

School
    Kankakee Jiu Jitsu Club
    No wrestling

Array

School
    credit to E.Mays & N.Coleman
    novice

Array

School
    joe hurst jiu jitsu undercover 10thp charlotte
    Mat time is mat time it the most important so if you been training almost 2 years total just enter begginers..

Array

School
    Kankakee Jiu Jitsu Club
    Really less than two years with a month or two off here and there? Plus no real teacher just books YouTube and this website

Array

School
    joe hurst jiu jitsu undercover 10thp charlotte
    it all up too u in the end..in the end it all pracrtice till advance divison...lol

Array

School
    On the search
    It's your first competition, go novice. Experience what the first time is like. Begginer is where you should be based on the amount of time training though. The rules don't specify the quality of training. Just the time you have. If you train your entire life from books and videos it doesn't mean you are a perpetual novice.

For your first competition you can sneak in with the novice guys. Experience it, have fun and don't worry to much about winning. My first competition was 3 months after I first started training. I started in the begginer division and placed 3rd. Challenging yourself is a good thing.

Array

School
    Kankakee Jiu Jitsu Club
    Thanks for the advice all! I'll probably do beginner so I don't think of my self as a sandbagger.

Array

School
    Ethos Jiu-Jitsu & Martial Arts of Tyler, Texas
    Do novice, bro. I trained from DVDs and the internet for about 2 yrs. That's all fine and dandy, but when I took that and rolled in a real gym, I got crushed. I competed at novice, and mt record is 3-3. Plus, You really should experience it from novice, as Matthew said. Oh, and NAGA and Europa don't consider dvd and internet training to be real training. Now, if you place first, second, or third, then you might have to move up to beginner. Just give it a shot, bro.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast