Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Array

School
    Team X-T1

Rolling Thunder Competition

Gonna be 13 of us so far from 10th Planet Essex Hotbox (In The Making) competing on the 7th August, will let you know how we all get on and post any vids, got any tips for us guy's and gal's please.....

Array

School
    GTC / Ronin
    Not sure if it will help any of you or not, but what I learned from my first tournament last weekend is that I need to be drilling at least one takedown technique, sprawl to counter-takedown technique, and securing positions for points before hunting for submissions. Another thing I learned is that pulling guard is a much better option as far as points are concerned than rolling the dice with a questionable takedown game. If I had simply pulled guard from the start of both my matches I more than likely would have won on points alone, but it also would have given me more time to actually work my ground game instead of having only a couple of minutes to actually get my sweeps in and go for subs.

Array

School
    Team X-T1
    Thanx Loki, great tips we will definitely take on board

Array

School
    Team X-T1
    3 Days left until 11 of us hit the Rolling Thunder Competition.....

Array

School
    10th Planet Essex Hotbox
    Quote Originally Posted by Loki Jones View Post
    Not sure if it will help any of you or not, but what I learned from my first tournament last weekend is that I need to be drilling at least one takedown technique, sprawl to counter-takedown technique, and securing positions for points before hunting for submissions. Another thing I learned is that pulling guard is a much better option as far as points are concerned than rolling the dice with a questionable takedown game. If I had simply pulled guard from the start of both my matches I more than likely would have won on points alone, but it also would have given me more time to actually work my ground game instead of having only a couple of minutes to actually get my sweeps in and go for subs.
    Actually this IS super helpful. Thanks!

Array

School
    ronin
    i like to break a good sweat before my fist match it seems to help with my cardio alot

Go get em Essex!!
    Keep your stick on the ice TO THE 10TH POWER!!!

yeah essex hotbox be rolling in to the big leagues

Array

School
    Rip Tide Combat and Fitness
    Dont get stuck in side-control-bottom. People will sit there all day long and not go for a single submission, if you let them.

Array

School
    10th Planet Nottingham
    good luck guys! give it 100% and you will be fine. £100 for a flying omaplata lol (jokes)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast