Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Ludington View Post
    I normally don't get into political conversations here but I'd like to interject if I may. It's not the fact (alone) that Ron Paul is a creationist that makes him dangerous. It is his complete inability to look at fact after fact after fact that completely and utterly destroys the silly 6 - 10 thousand year old earth "story" because of his religious beliefs. So knowing he already suffers from cognitive dissonance we have to expect his decision making will be marred in all facets. If he is looking to a book written by savages in a time where the general consensus was the world was flat and the sun orbited the earth, I find it hardly acceptable that he takes on the role of the most powerful man in the world. He obviously does not have the ability to look past his superstitions and make decisions based on logic, reason, and critical thinking. And with the problems America is facing - a magic sky daddy is not the answer, reason, logic, and critical thinking is.

So don't be so naive to say his "beliefs" don't affect his leadership skills. Because EVERY decision he makes starts with his beliefs and moves forward from there.
    Franklin Roosevelt was an Episcopalian Christian and led the country out of the great depression.

Array

School
    Liverpool Vale Tudo
    Sorting out the country and the world is the problem right now, religion not so much.

Array

School
    10th Planet Muscle Shoals
    Quote Originally Posted by John Alighieri View Post
    So it's ok for you guys to be Christian but if you believe in creation then it's a step too far? You guys got on your notes "in god we trust" and I don't recall people shitting on any president for mentioning god or referring to biblical parts...
    Seems like you guys are a bit bias on the subject
    Personally I would love nothing more than an outspoken atheist become our next president. That won't happen in my lifetime I don't think. But living in a country where one has as much right to believe as they do to not believe also affords the president the right to mention his beliefs while speaking. The line is drawn when the government "officially" names one religion the religion of the people. Having said that, I personally don't strike too many points off for religious beliefs as I too was indoctrinated at a young age and understand the power religion has over a person.

But creationism is pure ignorance of proven facts. And when choosing a candidate for my next president, I HAVE to take into consideration the amount of data available to ALL Americans about our earth's history. From a purely educational perspective (nevermind religion) I find it disturbing that any educated person can hold on to the 6 - 10k year old earth belief. There is SO much evidence to the contrary that only a religious zealot could possibly still hold that belief. And I do NOT want a zealot in charge of the largest and baddest military on the planet.

Array

School
    10th Planet Muscle Shoals
    Quote Originally Posted by Isaiah Mendoza View Post
    Franklin Roosevelt was an Episcopalian Christian and led the country out of the great depression.
    Please read my latest post on this. It's not necessarily that Ron Paul believes in a deity, but that he believes in "young earth" when there is so much data to the contrary.

Array

School
    10th Planet Fort Lauderdale Hotbox
    +1 William

I normally don't get into political conversations here but I'd like to interject if I may. It's not the fact (alone) that Ron Paul is a creationist that makes him dangerous. It is his complete inability to look at fact after fact after fact that completely and utterly destroys the silly 6 - 10 thousand year old earth "story" because of his religious beliefs. So knowing he already suffers from cognitive dissonance we have to expect his decision making will be marred in all facets. If he is looking to a book written by savages in a time where the general consensus was the world was flat and the sun orbited the earth, I find it hardly acceptable that he takes on the role of the most powerful man in the world. He obviously does not have the ability to look past his superstitions and make decisions based on logic, reason, and critical thinking. And with the problems America is facing - a magic sky daddy is not the answer, reason, logic, and critical thinking is.

So don't be so naive to say his "beliefs" don't affect his leadership skills. Because EVERY decision he makes starts with his beliefs and moves forward from there.
    For the sake of not turning this into a religious debate I'll refrain from posting my original response to this. But I challenge you to point out the "disrespect" in my post (if in fact you were referring to my post).
    When you say things like magic sky daddy, superstitions, and they way you came across when you say "I'll refrain from posting my original response" makes it sound like you have no respect for other peoples beliefs. It makes it sound like you think they are retarded for entertaining any notion other than yours. I mean i dont personally believe in what Ron believes in but hey who am i to judge. I want to be as respectful as possible so maybe we should just stop because i don't really want to get into a huge blown out of proportion fight over this...

Please read my latest post on this. It's not necessarily that Ron Paul believes in a deity, but that he believes in "young earth" when there is so much data to the contrary.
    Franklin Roosevelt was a christian, and that pretty much goes hand in hand. Theres not a doubt in my mind that Roosevelt didn't believe in evolution either despite the overwhelming evidence that was shown by Charles Darwin. That didn't keep him from getting the country out of a great depression.

Array

School
    credit to E.Mays & N.Coleman
    if you think ron paul is going to stop the illuminati you are mistaken

Array

School
    10th Planet
    seems to me that his knowledge and understanding of economics, his views and voting records on liberty, wars, and foreign policy are far more important than if he believes in a "magic sky daddy"

seriously folks, we can think of better reasons to vote for or against a candidate...

His lack of equality leaves a sour taste in my mouth
    Which is why nobody should vote for him

Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast