Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Array

School
    10th Planet
    it doesn't really work like that (or at least it shouldn't) according to the constitution. The federal government should not have more power than the state government but unfortunately it sort of has. Fortunately, there have been movements by the states to push back, much of it surrounds issues like legalization and immigration. States rights supersede all, that's how the framers of the constitution wanted because they knew it would maximize individual liberty and reduce the ability of the federal government to attempt to take control.

what you are talking about creates major problems. one size certainly does not fit all. what works in NY city will not work in small town Alabama. I personally do not like the idea of some bureaucrat 1000 miles away deciding laws and policies that effect me and my family when he hasn't even been to or heard of my town or city. I want the folks I elect democratically from the area, living in the area, familiar with our values and way of life making these decisions.

Array

School
    Iron Fist Gym
    Quote Originally Posted by Corky View Post
    My mom told me not to give info to strangers
    Exactly, so stfu and let the big boys talk. Go back under your bridge.

Naw im good

This isnt more power... This is just deciding what is morally right
    The only people that have a problem with gay rights are creationists

Array

School
    10th Planet
    who decides what's morally right?

it would be uber rich bureaucrats who do not understand (or give 2 shits about) life in your neck of the woods.

after he decides that gay marriage and abortions are legal what's next? one child policies like china or weight standards?

its a slippery slope bro.

I dont see a problem though with gay rights
    His religious views dont bother me so much unless he somehow altered the constitution or federal laws and made people pray and shit
    If he wins (hopefully not) it will only be cuz potheads want marijuana legal (which i support btw)

Also logic would tell us whats morally right
    We know it isnt right to kill humans because of there religious beliefs (most sane people have that view)
    And most sane people know its morally correct to let another human being be able to wed the same sex, and adopt a child that will be fucked in the head because he was raised in an orphanage

Quote Originally Posted by Corky View Post
    My mom told me not to give info to strangers
    I know what left a sour taste in your mouth....

At any rate if your voting based on abortion and gay rights you should be medicated and sent to a fucking labor camp...we have more important things to worry about..

And yet here you are voting for him because he promises to release criminals.....

Array

School
    10th Planet
    he is a champion of the constitution he would make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof.

i don't get where you get this vibe that he is just some religious zealot. He has stated his beliefs but he also comes back and reiterates that it is irrelevant what he believes because the constitution does not give the government power to regulate what religious views people are allowed to have or any thing of the sort.

He simply wants you and me to be as free as possible and hes a financial genius so he could begin to fix the debt crisis. another caveat is he supports the legalization of marijuana.

Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast