Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Array

School
    11th Dimension

All the no-gi guys are ruining mma.

Mma is about challenging what is best for a self defense fight. Now how many fights do you get into with people not wearing clothes? The cage has rules so you are limiting yourself by following them. The GI is where it is!!!!

Array

School
    10th Planet Fort Lauderdale Hotbox!
    I can't tell if this is sarcasm or not. Where I live, nobody is ever wearing pants or long-sleeve shirts and it's rare to find a collar that would lend itself to your collar chokes.

Array

School
    Back from vacation
    What is ruining MMA is rules. There are too many. No face stomps! No kicks to the groin! No shots to the back of the head! No 12 to 6 elbows! No holding the fence! etc. All this should be legal.

Array

School
    Sjårdalen mma
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt "Gumby" Glach View Post
    I can't tell if this is sarcasm or not. Where I live, nobody is ever wearing pants or long-sleeve shirts and it's rare to find a collar that would lend itself to your collar chokes.
    Where I live we use loads of clothing, but usually hard to come by something thats as durable as a GI.

I think training with the GI improves your bjj loads instead of just training NOGI, but in a selfdefence situasjon you are way better off not even considering using GI techniques.

And MMA is about who is the best in MMA not really self defence like it was in the first UFC's where the Gracies just wanted to show off using bjj on ppl with no grappling experience.

Array

School
    Sjårdalen mma
    Quote Originally Posted by Taylor Culbertson View Post
    What is ruining MMA is rules. There are too many. No face stomps! No kicks to the groin! No shots to the back of the head! No 12 to 6 elbows! No holding the fence! etc. All this should be legal.
    watching two grown men kicking ballsack wouldt sell that much I guess

Array

School
    gymless right meow
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt "Gumby" Glach View Post
    The post reeks of sarcasm

edit - or trolling

Array

School
    Rōnin
    i learned the spear hands technique in tkd class and im sure i would kill Brock lesnar in a real fight

Array

School
    11th Dimension
    LoL, where's Renato Lajara? He got my back. I'm actually trying to get my local mma promoter tp do a sambo type fight in Gi. It would be bad ass..

Array

School
    vortex jiujitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by Helge Båtstad View Post
    Where I live we use loads of clothing, but usually hard to come by something thats as durable as a GI.

I think training with the GI improves your bjj loads instead of just training NOGI, but in a selfdefence situasjon you are way better off not even considering using GI techniques.

And MMA is about who is the best in MMA not really self defence like it was in the first UFC's where the Gracies just wanted to show off using bjj on ppl with no grappling experience.
    & that's cool considering all the people who turned them down when they offered to show what bjj was, all thease karate dudes thought they were the shit & quickly realized fighting is about more than punching & kicking, lets not forget where All of us who train in jiujitsu came from

Array

School
    vortex jiujitsu
    and the GI is invaluble when it comes to self defence, so i do Gi & no GI why limit yourself, & i have female students also & want to give them all of what jiujitsu has to offer not just half, that wouldn't be fair to them

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast