Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Spínola View Post
    Whats the evil guard, can you give us some details?

Gokor is the man to go for leg locks right? Go to go watch some of his stuff.
    Gokor is the man to go for everything. It's really sad people only know him for leg locks.

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Redlands
    See guys, I was just telling Javi, it's one thing for my peers to acknowledge the guard game, but for Gokor, guy who's been at it for longer than I've been living.. For him to say teach these guys this guard. It means he's digging it, and if he's diggin' it, I'm diggin' it. For him to say "Listen up guys. Give your attention. He has a good guard. Learn from it.". Then the applause in the end... That speaks volumes for me. Yes it has it's holes, but holes can be patched.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Since your a Brown belt now. You can post videos! It would be great to see your "Evil Guard" on video! Please.

Array

School
    It's more than a 10 min vid. It may not do it justice because of all the little details and options. I mean the arm drag is one class. The butterfly is another, then taking the back. It's a culmination of moves but I'll see how I can get it done. I know I'll be headed to Kansas soon for a seminar. Maybe I'll show this and get it taped. Then see about chopping it all up.

Quote Originally Posted by Douglas White View Post
    Gokor is the man to go for everything. It's really sad people only know him for leg locks.
    Ok, i will be sure to check him out.

Array

School
    10th Planet Dawsonville Hotbox
    Quote Originally Posted by Slick Rick View Post
    It's more than a 10 min vid. It may not do it justice because of all the little details and options. I mean the arm drag is one class. The butterfly is another, then taking the back. It's a culmination of moves but I'll see how I can get it done. I know I'll be headed to Kansas soon for a seminar. Maybe I'll show this and get it taped. Then see about chopping it all up.
    Maybe you could show some drills for developing the basics of the position and then gradually release more complicated options. If Gokor compliments you so, it must be amazing!

Array

School
    Rip Tide Combat and Fitness
    Quote Originally Posted by Griffin Lambert View Post
    Maybe you could show some drills for developing the basics of the position and then gradually release more complicated options. If Gokor compliments you so, it must be amazing!
    +1

Array

School
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean Marshall View Post
    +1
    Thanks Griffin, Thanks Sean.
    good points. I'll do that as time permits. In the meantime, I can say it's all about having a really good butterfly guard. All the other stuff is a reaction to people reacting to butterfly. Eddies books, even as far back as JJ Unleashed go through key concepts of butterfly.
    Again as time permits, I'll add to my YouTube channel. Off the top of my head tho, try drilling this- keep both hooks in and your partner tries to back away. If one of the hooks escapes, what would you do?

Array

School
    Bakersfield Brazilian Jiu Jitsu
    Slick Rick, why are your answers about Your Evil Guard vague. You just bragged about the props you got from Goker, but don't really give an explanation of the guard you were applauded for. What is Evil Guard?

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Elliott View Post
    Slick Rick, why are your answers about Your Evil Guard vague. You just bragged about the props you got from Goker, but don't really give an explanation of the guard you were applauded for. What is Evil Guard?
    I believe I know what hes saying but its extremely convoluted and difficult to describe in written text. He said a videos coming soon though, so he can explain it properly.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast