Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Array

School
    Fighting Dragons Combat Sports & Behring Jiu Jitsu

I Need Your Help From My Back !!!!!!!!

Need some help. I have been rolling with this kid thats 15 and 200 pounds (not fat). Strong as hell. He has been training for about 6 months. I'm starting to get frustrated. He's starting to beat me almost everytime. When I'm on top, he just holds me in his guard FOREVER. It stays that way for 10 to 15 minutes. He just holds me from posturing up (bear hug) in full closed guard. I get exhaused from trying to work out of it or make something happen. End up making a mistake and he sweeps me. Drill starts all over again. He is content to stay heavy on me in full mount. He pretty much skydives for the next 15 minutes. I work my ass off trying to move him. He is really good with his balance and weight. So I roll for 20-30 minutes, my arms and legs are spent from trying to move his dead weight. He then just kimora's my arm into the next time zone. Its really starting to piss me off.

I need help, any suggestions ?????? I know my technique should be able to overcome his size and strength. Not sure why I keep losing to this kid. Starting to give me a complex.

Array

School
    Bakersfield Brazilian Jiu Jitsu
    In Guard
    Go straight to hands in his arm pits. This will keep him away from you feet and getting a sweep when you stand up. Once you stand up put one of your knees behind his butt to slice through you and your opponent. Then you just kneel back down and his guard will be broken. Sometimes it is better to focus on breaking their guard if they are big rather then matching strength and posturing up.

Mount
    Make sure you have your t-rex in order, and then get to you side. Never let him get his knees under your arm pits. Capture half guard instead of going for an upa. If you need his hips to be lighter to capture a leg then bridge before you capture half guard so he 'll base on his hands. In order to break his legs apart in skydive step on a leg with both feet, bridge, and then hip out the opposite direction to to capture the leg in half guard. Example: If you step on his right leg then you have to hip out to you right to get you your left leg on the mat and under his right leg to capture half guard.

Hope that helps.

Array

School
    10th Planet Springfield
    I like to go feet on the hips with bigger opponents and try to keep him off balance a little bit. You won't be able to rely on just closed guard. you have to open up with him on you maybe let him start to try and pass and cause a scramble to get to his back. His back sounds like the best place to be for you right now.
    superherojiujitsuacademy.com
    http://www.defensesoap.com/idevaffil...ate.php?id=327
    10P4L
    F&V forever
    Ps 144:1 Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
    Ge 32:24 And Jacob was left alone; and there wrestled a man with him until the breaking of the day.
    Blackbelt 3/28/13

Array

School
    Team Shark
    hands on biceps, to get your head out, try shaking your head side to side when you pull backwards. no strength needed

Array

School
    KCBJJ
    if he just wants to sit on you to smell your face let him. I usually just chill out and wait for them to move. dudes will literally yell at me to do something, "Sorry, bro, you're on top. That's your job."

I had one guy comment that if it was an MMA match that I would have been knocked out by just chilling underneath him. At least a punch would have been an opening for me to make something happen. In any waiting game, it's the top dude's dilemma to finish so exploit his movement when he decides to go for it. Maybe he won't finish and he'll just sit there.. whatever.. just chill and rest till the timer blows (if you don't have one, get one just for this dude) and then roll with somebody else.

If you can't count on the top guy to want to finish the match, then it ain't a match. It's just some awkward hugging. I love every bodies' advice here. I should give it a try since it can get boring taking a nap under a dude who just wants to pin you.

Array

School
    10th Planet Springfield
    Quote Originally Posted by AJ Camacho View Post
    if he just wants to sit on you to smell your face let him. I usually just chill out and wait for them to move. dudes will literally yell at me to do something, "Sorry, bro, you're on top. That's your job."

I had one guy comment that if it was an MMA match that I would have been knocked out by just chilling underneath him.
    Those "If this was MMA" statements are always awesome. I like to tell them if this was MMA I wouldn't be on bottom and I wouldn't be attempting to sub you.
    superherojiujitsuacademy.com
    http://www.defensesoap.com/idevaffil...ate.php?id=327
    10P4L
    F&V forever
    Ps 144:1 Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
    Ge 32:24 And Jacob was left alone; and there wrestled a man with him until the breaking of the day.
    Blackbelt 3/28/13

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    Connor...my advice....ask your coach. He's there in person. He can see what you're doing right/wrong. The advice in here is good. But I still feel like the first person you should ask is the person you're learning from. Talk to your coach about your problem and he'll help you trouble shoot. I wish I could give you more advice, but I have no guard passing. I'm a brand spanking new white belt. But I feel like my best path to reach my blue is to listen to my coach.

Array

School
    Rocha BJJ / Gracie Humaita
    I have issues like this - I am 6'0", 150lbs. The bigger the guy is, the more you have to work angles. With smaller guys, you can be stubborn and force moves, but with the big guys, just keep switching until they mess up. If he's bigger, you are more agile and faster. If you are in guard, try backing out and standing. If that doesn't work, try driving through and pressure passing. If not, try to break the guard with a knee through. Hell, fake like you are falling back for single-leg-x or an ankle lock, and when he opens his legs to defend or get on top, pop back up and don't let him close his guard back up. That has been working a lot for me lately.

In mount, it's all about patience and calm. Sometimes buck hard, but sometimes just buck lightly. It's not to get away, it's to get him to gas himself responding to what he thinks is an escape attempt. Try to be on your side so you can squirm a leg into 1/2-g, get those elbows in and on the ground, and just wait. Remember, you can always bait a sub to get him to open up. For example, raise your left elbow a bit, and when he goes for that arm, shrimp away so the left shoulder hits the mat.

Hope that helps.

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    Deadlift like a muthafucka. Some guys have an awesome clinch from the guard, especially if dude has 30 plus pounds of muscle on you, you're kinda fucked. Work on posture techniques, hands on hips, hands in arm pits, and again always work on your strength, deadlifts are prolly best for posture
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie

Array

School
    Fighting Dragons Combat Sports & Behring Jiu Jitsu
    Thanks guys all great stuff to work with. Just so you know, I did go to my coach first. He told me just keep doing reps, it will come. Well I rep the sh*t out of stuff and wasn't working, so went to my second gym to ask.......you guys.lol.

All great stuff, so I'm kinda processing it all. This is what I put together. I have to stop trying hulk out with technique. Because I'm not using the right technique. My dad has been bit*hing at me to stop laying flat on my back bucking and trying to sweep....because it isn't working. He told me take a chance and get to a hip and scramble. (That kinda match's what alot of you guys are saying) He says if I get caught....who cares !!!! Getting caught that way is better then getting laid on for 25 minutes, getting exhausted and then getting my arm cranked off !!!!!! At least it would be over in a few minutes rather then 30.lol. So I guess I'm going to try and work funky angles alot more and scramble my ass off.

Second part is exactly what Master Eddie had to say. I have never touched a weight. My dad said he wanted me to wait until I was 13. I am just waiting for football to be over. Don't want to be sore and try to play games at the same time. I can't wait, he has a whole routine all worked out for me. He knows his stuff, he made my cousin a freaking beast in 2 years. I want to be as strong as I am big !!!!

Just sucks, I thought I had put in enough time that my technique would overcome big, dumb bruts......lol. I guess it means I just have to work harder !!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast