Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Hotbox Boston?

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Hachey View Post
    I only want you to compete because I care for you. Why else would I always be on your dick. Being out of shape is the exact reason you should be competing. Personally, I find a looming tournament date to be a GIANT motivator. I eat the cleanest and work the hardest when I know I'm going to have to go out there and stand across the mat from a guy that wants to beat me and steal my medal. If you lose, so what. That's a motivator to be in better shape next time. 10th Planet won't turn their back on you.

We all have an uphill battle, Mr. Rosado. Although you often call me "kid" or "son", I'm actually in my thirties and choose to compete against college kids 10 years younger than me rather than relinquish myself to the masters division. I want you to get the same "participation belt" that I get to wear, and the only way to get that belt is by participating.
    If it's genuine concern, I'll take it. When I say "kid" or "son," it's just slang. But don't worry about me. I have my plans. I'm training again. I'm focused. I'm working out even on my free days. I'm in this for life. But thanks for your concern. You're not too far from Rochester. Come through to the seminar. We'll have some fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Herzog View Post
    David was a regular student of mine and is now a long distance student he has my guidance, he doesn't need yours. Don't worry about how he gets ranked, that's my job. Dave clearly doesn't want your advice but you continue to give it. When you get your own school and have your own students than you can worry about them. No one cares about your "participation" and how its relevant to anyone else. Stop preaching, you look like a fool.
    Thanks coach. Looking forward to June!!!!

Array

School
    TBJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Herzog View Post
    David was a regular student of mine and is now a long distance student he has my guidance, he doesn't need yours. Don't worry about how he gets ranked, that's my job. Dave clearly doesn't want your advice but you continue to give it. When you get your own school and have your own students than you can worry about them. No one cares about your "participation" and how its relevant to anyone else. Stop preaching, you look like a fool.
    Wow. Pretty irrational response to a solid piece of advice. Is this not a jiu jitsu discussion forum? Can we not discuss training, motivation, and competition? Those are all aspects of jiu jitsu, right?

Array

School
    TBJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by David Rosado View Post
    You're not too far from Rochester. Come through to the seminar. We'll have some fun.
    I've been to one of Eddie's seminars in Rochester. He didn't teach anything mind-blowing, just the basic rubber guard path for the most part with some "flying" shortcuts. He also didn't give me any personal attention or roll with anyone. Not that I care, I'm just saying I could have watch an episode of MTS and saved myself the drive.

Array

School
    "Oil Slix" shirtless BJJ Club
    Not to add water to the fish tank bro, but I don't think he's interested in your opinion about the semi....
    "Blame the IBJJF when, in 30 years you see an academy that nails the phrase, "A Red belt is a Junior black belt that hasn't died yet" on the far wall."

Array

School
    LMAO, this guy is a waste of energy. Haha. I'm moving on.

Array

School
    TBJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Wancarlos View Post
    Not to add water to the fish tank bro, but I don't think he's interested in your opinion about the semi....
    I think you read that wrong. If he's not interested in competing, I doubt he has any interest in a challenge match with me.

Array

School
    "Oil Slix" shirtless BJJ Club
    I think you read that wrong. If he's not interested in competing, I doubt he has any interest in a challenge match with me.
    Ey, okay...
    "Blame the IBJJF when, in 30 years you see an academy that nails the phrase, "A Red belt is a Junior black belt that hasn't died yet" on the far wall."

Array

School
    Who said I'm not interested in competing? I said I'm not in shape to compete. I'll be competing as soon as I get in shape. It's a shame you're not coming to the Bravo seminar.

Array

School
    Training Station Manchester NH
    Wow this thread went south faaaast. So yeah if anyone needs some help getting the hotbox going Im in!!! I live in NH but Im cool with going to Mass whenever. Herb and I have been in touch and plan on getting together next week. Hope to meet some of you guys at the Rochester seminar Too! Peace!
    @DuaneBenton667

#10P603

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Wow. Pretty irrational response to a solid piece of advice. Is this not a jiu jitsu discussion forum? Can we not discuss training, motivation, and competition? Those are all aspects of jiu jitsu, right?
    Irrational response to solid advice?
    No one in the history of jiu jitsu has said "you are out of shape you should go compete", that is irrational and idiotic and how injuries happen. Why do you think competitors train their asses of and go trough training camps, to get ready for competition, not the other way around.

How about grip fighting in the gi won't do damage to your hands, remember that great tibit of advice. The Gi WILL fuck up your hands ands ask ANY high level Gi Jiu jitsu , Judo or Sambo competitor. Your hands, fingers and wrists get fucking jacked from the GI period. Watch some high level matches almost everyone has tape on their hands and fingers, that's not a fashion statement.

You may THINK its good advice, but that doesn't mean it is.
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast