Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Redlands
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony "The Goods" Garcia View Post
    I'd now like to officialy slap the hell outta Rick! Woke up this morning with some fabulous knuckle bruises down both sides of my back. They start at the shoulders and go all the way to my hips. You evil bastard Rick! Lmao. Anyways, it seems to be working quite well for all of us. The idea of grinding them like a top on the knuckles really raised my percentage on the big guys. I have to admit that your 3 scenarios all played out exactly as Rick said. Well done Sir! We've added it into our arsenal and will be repping it for the next 2 week cycle at Veritas Aequitas Freestyle Jiu Jitsu. I'm in no "rank" position to say if this works for high level competition or anywhere else. I will say it's working like hell on us! Thank you for your contribution to our game Rick.
    Hahahaha! Awesome Tony. You gotta pay to play. And to understand how it feels when done on you will help in doing that to others. The bruises will go away brotha, I promise.

Array

School
    credit to E.Mays & N.Coleman
    evil guard next plz

Array

School
    Quote Originally Posted by The kza View Post
    evil guard next plz
    Absolutely Kza!

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    evil guard next plz
    +1
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Array

School
    10th Planet & Nova Uniao
    evil guard next plz
    + 1 more

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Sorry Rick I've watched the video several times, I have to say I'm a sceptic of the Rubber Stamp. And for sure 100% disagree that "no one is immune to it". Theres a reason "pain complaince" techniques don't always work on everyone. Pain thresholds very from person to person, that is fact. Pain is relative to what its associated with. I've had a handlful of people attempt the Rubber Stamp on me (and guys from other gyms that used something similar)and countless people attempt "Rocks in the Sleeping bag" a similar "trick" used in hold downs in Judo and Sambo and its never been more than mildy irritating.

Also as was previously mentioned angles are extremely important while playing guard, even in Rubber Guard. I play Rubber Guard off my side,not my back, and seeing a pain complaint technique little more than a nusance than and efficient counter than can be used with frequency against the general populace.
    Last edited by Chris Herzog; 12-14-2011 at 08:37 PM.
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Array

School
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Herzog View Post
    Sorry Rick I've watched the video several times, I have to say I'm a sceptic of the Rubber Stamp. And for sure 100% disagree that "no one is immune to it". Theres a reason "pain complaince" techniques don't always work on everyone. Pain thresholds very from person to person, that is fact. Pain is relative to what its associated with. I've had a handlful of people attempt the Rubber Stamp on me (and guys from other gyms that used something similar)and countless people attempt "Rocks in the Sleeping bag" a similar "trick" used in hold downs in Judo and Sambo and its never been more than mildy irritating.

Also as was previously mentioned angles are extremely important while playing guard, even in Rubber Guard. I play Rubber Guard off my side,not my back, and seeing a pain complaint technique little more than a nusance than and efficient counter than can be used with frequency against the general populace.
    Thanks for the feedback Herzog. I hope you wouldn't play RG from your back. Angles are golden. But what if I were to take that angle away and every time you tried to put your foot on my hip, I sat through and repositioned. I can't imagine someone pulling it off their first few times, but give it time. I've perfected it for my game. The outcome: I pull my arm back, we stall out, or I roll out of the omo-plata.

Ive posted it on the net because I want someone to find the answer to this counter. If you have the answer, it would be great to see some vid. It's not enough for me to have a counter, but I am always looking for that next "what if" scenario.
    Thanks again for your insight.

Array

School
    Quote Originally Posted by Slick Rick View Post
    Thanks for the feedback Herzog. I hope you wouldn't play RG from your back. Angles are golden. But what if I were to take that angle away and every time you tried to put your foot on my hip, I sat through and repositioned. I can't imagine someone pulling it off their first few times, but give it time. I've perfected it for my game. The outcome: I pull my arm back, we stall out, or I roll out of the omo-plata.

Ive posted it on the net because I want someone to find the answer to this counter. If you have the answer, it would be great to see some vid. It's not enough for me to have a counter, but I am always looking for that next "what if" scenario.
    Duh! What was I thinking. There is another outcome: I wait for the right time for you to lay off a little with that leg hugging my hip, I block with the elbow and get side control, with my other hand still under your back. And if you've felt that from side control, it sucks.

Array

School
    No Gi Grappling launceston
    working well for me,look forward to your future vids rick .

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Quote Originally Posted by Slick Rick View Post

Taking away the angle is a HUGE "what if". If you spin or attempt to roll out of the Omaplata, that doesn't make it a counter for you, it makes it a sweep for me. If you’re trying to block with your elbow and pass to side control, the Carni is there. You’re basing an entire counter on "pain compliance" which has a huge scale of effectiveness. Submissions, sweeps, escapes need to be based on functionality and frequency. If the foundation of a techniques is based on pain you will have varied results, consistency will be unreliable at best. An entire series of counters on “I hope he reacts to this” is like building a house on soggy ground. None of the “what ifs” will matter if they don’t respond to the “pain compliance” you’re attempt to gain a reaction from.

Just to be clear, I'm not saying it won't work. I'm stating you must ask yourself will this work with most people, most of the time? In my experince with pain compliance techniques the answer is "no", the levels of response vary far too greatly.
    Last edited by Chris Herzog; 12-15-2011 at 05:14 AM.
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast