Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Array

School
    10th Planet Indianapolis
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Keeling View Post
    Leg curls, Knee squeeze, and developing a great clinch. Eddie preaches this as do I! Don, after you pump and push the arm to the center, you have to clinch, curl and squeeze like a mofo and tighten that shit up before and while transitioning to the armbar. Hope that helps, if not we can meet up and I will show you 1 private and your game will be totally different, I garantee or it's free....
    ^^^this^^^ and what everyone else said...tons of reps!

Array

School
    Ronin
    if you put in the nut hugging reps every thing else will fall into place
    formerly known as jmw0582

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    First master the rg on paper. Second run rg clinics on dudes with 1 day experience. Then run clinics on dudes with 1 week experience. Then run rg clinics on dudes with 1 month experience. Then run rg clinics on dudes with 2 months experience. If you can't run rg clinics on dudes with 2 months experience, go back to 1 month dudes. Eventually you will be able to run rg clinics on all white belts, and that is huge. Keep running rg clinics on white belts until you can run rg clinics on a blue belt or 2. Eventually you will run clinics on all blue belts. Obviously you see where I'm going with this. It's simple, if you can't run an rg clinic on a white belt you surely won't be able to pull any rg on a black, brown, purple or blue. Time, reps, time, reps, time, reps, patience.
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie

Array

School
    Kalgoorlie :(
    Even though i didnt post this, THANKS HEAPS EDDIE

Array

School
    Mario Roberto Jiu-Jitsu Academy
    I think he has a pretty simple overall strategy and mindset, but his experience carries him. So from what I've seen, Eddie knows what spots are advantageous and capitalizes on them when they present themselves, and he takes what people give him. He always seems to have some position or submission in mind and works towards that, but if you give him something that he knows is a good spot for him, he knows it right away and he capitalizes.

All in all, yea he's flexible and yea he has a good clinch, but knows SO MUCH STUFF that he could catch you giving him something you didn't even know you were giving him. He just understands positions because he's been there so much. Black belts in general always amaze me in what ideas they have and their general understanding of the sport. Just my observations.

this is quite an old thread I posted. My rubber guard does pretty good lately. My problem for a while was I was rolling against only blue and purple belts. Then I trained at a new center and started destroying white belts. Now I do pretty good against bluez that I have been rolling with.

Array

School
    Huntsville Jiu Jitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Bravo View Post
    First master the rg on paper. Second run rg clinics on dudes with 1 day experience. Then run clinics on dudes with 1 week experience. Then run rg clinics on dudes with 1 month experience. Then run rg clinics on dudes with 2 months experience. If you can't run rg clinics on dudes with 2 months experience, go back to 1 month dudes. Eventually you will be able to run rg clinics on all white belts, and that is huge. Keep running rg clinics on white belts until you can run rg clinics on a blue belt or 2. Eventually you will run clinics on all blue belts. Obviously you see where I'm going with this. It's simple, if you can't run an rg clinic on a white belt you surely won't be able to pull any rg on a black, brown, purple or blue. Time, reps, time, reps, time, reps, patience.
    Edward Bravohands, FOR THE WIN!!!!!!!!!

Array

School
    joe hurst jiu jitsu undercover 10thp charlotte
    I am just wondering why do you have to pump if you can just throw in a deep hook and grab thier leg and spin? I just asking bc i pull it off the armbar by going just from crackhead and using a deep hook grab the leg it thier? someone with grammar and experience please chime in!!lol

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester; 10th Planet St. Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by robert gero View Post
    I am just wondering why do you have to pump if you can just throw in a deep hook and grab thier leg and spin? I just asking bc i pull it off the armbar by going just from crackhead and using a deep hook grab the leg it thier? someone with grammar and experience please chime in!!lol
    Without seeing it, my guess would be that your training partner is way out of position with his home alone if you can just deep hook without pumping. He shouldn't have his elbow in the middle of your stomach or chest when he's defending; they should be just to the outside of your hips and he should be clinching/squeezing them slightly inward to prevent the zombie. That's why you pump -- to get the elbow across when you can't zombie. If the elbow is already across, no, there's no need to pump. There is a need to find a training partner who properly defends the rubber guard though...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast