Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    Quote Originally Posted by djradoff View Post
    This might rub folks the wrong way, but I have to call Eddie out for screaming "bullshit" from the stands yesterday at the Worlds. I was sitting nearby with my team. I am not speaking to whether or not Eddie was right or wrong regarding the ref's decision. I happened to be watching the match in question, but not closely enough to speak on that point, and it really does not matter...his actions...Your actions...Eddie were not in the spirit of the sport. Just the same as the guy who threw a tantrum after getting arm bared, by kicking a sponsor sign next to the mat.
    '
    There were many blatant anti-10p calls, it was ridiculous. 2 of my browns got dq'd for some total bs. Dewitt got royally screwed and black belt Craig Beachamp got jacked as well. I will always call out bullshit when I see it, my students deserve it, they train too hard, make too many sacrifices to just let some bullshit slide.

Last edited by Eddie Bravo; 11-07-2011 at 11:24 AM.
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    This might rub folks the wrong way, but I have to call Eddie out for screaming "bullshit" from the stands yesterday at the Worlds. I was sitting nearby with my team. I am not speaking to whether or not Eddie was right or wrong regarding the ref's decision. I happened to be watching the match in question, but not closely enough to speak on that point, and it really does not matter...his actions...Your actions...Eddie were not in the spirit of the sport. Just the same as the guy who threw a tantrum after getting arm bared, by kicking a sponsor sign next to the mat.
    '
    It's a Coaches responsibility to make that call, as it is the ref's job to make a anti biased assesment of the rules in question. I would be disapointed if any of my coaches didn't do the same. I always stand up for my students and competitors, I've seen Eddie do the same. When one of our guys is on the mat, they know we always have their back, they worry about fighting, we worry about dealing with BS calls and politics.
    Last edited by Chris Herzog; 11-07-2011 at 11:35 AM.
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Quote Originally Posted by eddie bravo View Post
    there were many blatant anti-10p calls, it was ridiculous. 2 of my browns got dq'd for some total bs. Dewitt got royally screwed and black belt craig beachamp got jacked as well. I will always call out bullshit when i see it, my students deserve it, they train too hard, make too many sacrifices to just let some bullshit slide.
    +1000!

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Herzog View Post
    +1000!
    Again, all in all it was physically a tough day, lots of close losses, lots of heart breaking ref decisions but we'll be back stronger than ever next year. There will be an all new emphasis on wrestling and athleticism in the 10th Planet system, too many close matches that could've been won with some solid wrestling. We only just added a wrestling program a few months ago, but now I will push my HQ competitors into the wrestling classes head first. The classes are taught by D-1 wrestler Rob Rodrigues. It's time to really focus alot more on wrestling now, I should've been more into it before but I have now learned a lesson from this mistake and we all will evolve because of it, thank you all very much for your support!

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    losses aside, 19 medals at Worlds is a big accomplishment!

Array

School
    Relson Gracie, Phoenix AZ
    I am not disputing that at all....nor am I saying, that you had no right to back up your guys and argue with the refs...In my opinion, you did not need to taint your possible argument by screaming bullshit from the stands. Don't give the haters ammo. I stuck up for you on FB recently, when a world champ black belt posted a pic of you with the caption: "does this look like weed is good for you?", or something to that effect, so don't think that I am just trying to hate too. I responded to that post by explaining how this person was using an inflammatory argument supported by zero fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Bravo View Post
    There were many blatant anti-10p calls, it was ridiculous. 2 of my browns got dq'd for some total bs. Dewitt got royally screwed and black belt Craig Beachamp got jacked as well. I will always call out bullshit when I see it, my students deserve it, they train too hard, make too many sacrifices to just let some bullshit slide.

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    I am not disputing that at all....nor am I saying, that you had no right to back up your guys and argue with the refs...In my opinion, you did not need to taint your possible argument by screaming bullshit from the stands. Don't give the haters ammo. I stuck up for you on FB recently, when a world champ black belt posted a pic of you with the caption: "does this look like weed is good for you?", or something to that effect, so don't think that I am just trying to hate too. I responded to that post by explaining how this person was using an inflammatory argument supported by zero fact.
    I understand where you're coming from, obviously you are 10p friendly by being a member of this board, but if you were in my shoes and you kept seeing blatant anti 10p bias calls, you would understand where I'm coming from, nothing but love dude

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    I see what you're saying DJRadoff. You're more concerned about the public image, right? I feel you. It's not how I would go about things. I'm a reserved dude. But Eddie's a grown man. I'm sure he knows what he's doing. I mean, 10th planet isn't exactly Atos, get me?

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ

10th Planet Sf's Mike Hillebrand Silver Medal Adult Blue

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ

10th Planet star Mike Dewitt