Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu

UFC 144 is starting to look awesome

Champ Frankie Edgar vs. Ben Henderson (for lightweight title)
    Yoshihiro Akiyama vs. Jake Shields
    Joe Lauzon vs. Anthony Pettis
    Tim Boetsch vs. Yushin Okami

Not sure why Okami dropped down to the level of Tim Boetsch but it should be a good fight.
    I dont think Edgar will stop Henderson but I think hes got the pace to out work him. It seems like people try to out grapple Henderson but I think this will be a stand up battle with Edgar out pointing on the feet. I just like to watch Edgar fight.
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Array

School
    Carlson Gracie Miami/10P Miami/Ft. Laud Hotbox remnant
    Quote Originally Posted by Brent Smith View Post
    I just like to watch Edgar fight.
    Heart of a lion + amazing footwork

+1

Array

School
    AJ Sousa BJJ Center
    henderson is gonna destroy him. edgar is too small for henderson. its gonna be a 1 sided beating

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    Champ Frankie Edgar vs. Ben Henderson (for lightweight title)
    Yoshihiro Akiyama vs. Jake Shields
    Joe Lauzon vs. Anthony Pettis
    Tim Boetsch vs. Yushin Okami

Not sure why Okami dropped down to the level of Tim Boetsch but it should be a good fight.
    I dont think Edgar will stop Henderson but I think hes got the pace to out work him. It seems like people try to out grapple Henderson but I think this will be a stand up battle with Edgar out pointing on the feet. I just like to watch Edgar fight.
    Warm up fight. Sometimes after a humiliating defeat you need an ego booster. Tim is no slouch though. He has potential. Enough potential to win. But most likely Okami sees this as a tune up fight to get his head back in the game and climb back up the ladder.

Array

School
    Best Way Jiu Jitsu
    Looks like an awesome card so far! Edgar's got all the heart in the world, plus his skills are extremely good but I've got to back up my boy Bendo on this one. Also, the Lauzon-Pettis fight saddens me because I'm a big fan of both guys, especially since Lauzon comes from just a few towns over and I've met him before. However, if all goes according to plan, we could potentially see Bendo (as champ) vs. Pettis for the strap in a repeat of their classic WEC curtain-closing fight!

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric Perez View Post
    henderson is gonna destroy him. edgar is too small for henderson. its gonna be a 1 sided beating
    hmmm thats exactly what they said about Maynard. Especially after he did it the first time. Edgar is too quick for Henderson plus he has the better boxing. No way Henderson will be able to catch him and Frankie will out point him.
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Array

School
    AJ Sousa BJJ Center
    hmmm thats exactly what they said about Maynard. Especially after he did it the first time. Edgar is too quick for Henderson plus he has the better boxing. No way Henderson will be able to catch him and Frankie will out point him.
    Bendo is 10x's the fighter Maynard is and he wont gas out. Ive always felt that the WEC lightweights were always better than the UFC's and its starting to show. Cerrone, Bendo, Pettis and Njoukawani can beat any ufc fighter. pettis lost to guida from lay and pray and i felt he shouldve won since he was way more active from the bottom then Guida was from the top.

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    I hope one day maybe judges will see the guard as an advantage :/ Especially if youre active
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric Perez View Post
    Bendo is 10x's the fighter Maynard is and he wont gas out. Ive always felt that the WEC lightweights were always better than the UFC's and its starting to show. Cerrone, Bendo, Pettis and Njoukawani can beat any ufc fighter. pettis lost to guida from lay and pray and i felt he shouldve won since he was way more active from the bottom then Guida was from the top.
    I guess we will see my friend Pretty cool theyre going back to Japan. Gonna have more of a PRIDE type of crowd. Itll be interesting
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Array

School
    Carlson Gracie Miami/10P Miami/Ft. Laud Hotbox remnant
    I hope one day maybe judges will see the guard as an advantage :/ Especially if youre active
    You'll see that when we get a new crop of boxing judges at the referee tables who have personally trained in no gi jiu jitsu. It could happen =D.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast