Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Array

School
    Fighting Dragons Combat Sports & Behring Jiu Jitsu

You Guys wanted To See It. Here Its Is. MY DQ MATCH VIDEO !!!!!!! Enjoy.

OK so here are the highlites. Kid was cheap as hell. As soon as it went to the ground, he was pinching. Grinding his chin into me, but the worst was the thumb deep in my eye. No problem picking out when that was going on because you will hear my dad.LOL. He was pretty good at hiding all the sleazy crap, did it in clinch's.

He cleaned it up after the thumb.( I Thought ) Reff didn't see it in full action by the time he got to that side, but he warned him to keep his hands clear of my eyes. He really couldn't be to dirty after that because I pulled out the stops and started roughing him up and he was to busy stalling and hanging on for dear life.lol.

At the end of the scramble he twisted my pinky to move my arm to lock in the armbar. The fun just went on and on with him !!!! LOL.

I really wasn't looking to be cheap myself. I was out of danger with armber had already moved the elbow up past his crotch. I have been working a ton of MMA and ground and pound at my gym and it's just kinda what happend when I wasn't thinking, I just reacted. But like I said couldn't of happend to a nicer kid.

You see the kids brother fly in on me at the end and flip out for a second....thought I was going to have to throw down again.lol. Wasn't that worried my dad was right there, knew if he touched me, it was going to be the start of a bad day for him.lol.

So Emir let me know what this guys yelling. Like I said when we both won gi expert for our divison, my dad asked if the wanted a rematch. They Passed !!!!! lol.
    Last edited by Eddie Bravo; 11-23-2011 at 01:46 PM.
    Always train with purpose and fight with passion . Don't be afraid to dream big, but have the balls to make your dreams come true.

Array

School
    vortex jiujitsu
    yo that slam was loud his back must be jacked, on a side note a knee up the middle to knee cut pass was there all day you could have taken that shit & wrecked him, good job either way

Array

School
    NA
    good shit..rampage jackson style.

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur and 10th Planet Muscle Shoals
    Conner, I like you a lot and I think you're a nice kid, but honestly that was kind of a jerk thing to do. Even if you feel he was "playing dirty" you need to dig deep and find more self-control than that. Sometimes I think that we as coaches push the fighting aspect so hard that we forget to emphasize the beauty, the character development, and the discipline of the martial arts to our students and teammates.

I have always thought you presented yourself well on the forums and that you are particularly intelligent and articulate for a kid your age, but I have to say it feels as if you are looking to justify your actions in this case. I think you are better than stooping to his level.

Please read this as positive encouragement, not a scolding. Just learn from the situation and grow into a better fighter, and more importantly a better person, as a result of it.
    "The lockdown is not the 10th Planet gospel; an open mind is the 10th Planet gospel."
    - Amir Allam

Please stop by and check out my site

Array

School
    credit to E.Mays & N.Coleman
    Yea looks like you just got pissed at the end. good match though. To bad you stooped down to his games, not next time though i hope.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Mccaghren View Post
    Conner, I like you a lot and I think you're a nice kid, but honestly that was kind of a jerk thing to do. Even if you feel he was "playing dirty" you need to dig deep and find more self-control than that. Sometimes I think that we as coaches push the fighting aspect so hard that we forget to emphasize the beauty, the character development, and the discipline of the martial arts to our students and teammates.

I have always thought you presented yourself well on the forums and that you are particularly intelligent and articulate for a kid your age, but I have to say it feels as if you are looking to justify your actions in this case. I think you are better than stooping to his level.

Please read this as positive encouragement, not a scolding. Just learn from the situation and grow into a better fighter, and more importantly a better person, as a result of it.
    +1 ....Great post Brandon!

Especially for Conner:: Please read this as positive encouragement, not a scolding. Just learn from the situation and grow into a better fighter, and more importantly a better person, as a result of it.
    Last edited by Jack LaBarge; 11-23-2011 at 05:18 AM.

Array

School
    Fighting Dragons Combat Sports & Behring Jiu Jitsu
    Well guys First off I only take scolding from a few people in my life. My parents, my coach's and Eddie. Of course you have the right to share your opinion with me. I think you have looked at this wrong in everyway. This is not something I'm proud of, the only reason it was posted was because Eddie asked to see it.

By no means did I stoop to the things he was doing. If I had when he had pulled his thumb out of my eye, when I postured up, I would have dropped an elbow that could have split him wide open. What you saw-+ was a momentary loss of concentration, I have been cross training so much, it was muscle reaction before I thought about where and what I was doing.

I think this shows when it happens. Trust me when I say, if I had done it with thought, I would not have apologized to him, the reff and most of all his brother ( who ran up on me like he was going to kick my ass ) I would have just walked off the mat. I am the bigger man in this situation. I did not hear an apology from him for the cheap shit he was doing, or for his brother being in my face trying to scare me........even thow he didn't.

Brandon- I understand the grace of this sport. I have big goals for myself in it......but that is just on the the way to what I have set my sites on since I was 8. Being the best fighter in the world in my weight division. I can't seperate what all of my training is turning me into, thats a fighter with a fighters heart and reactions. I see now as it come together, I will have to work harder to areas washing over on each other. But isn't this what every fighter wants ???? To react without thinking. I beleave I may have lost focus for the first time because some of his actions made me think it was a fight and not a jiu jitsu tournament. But again nothing that was planned out took place in that match. No frustration like you guys are saying. I've lost to better guys then him, I have lost to worse. Its part of jiu jitsu.

The only regret I have of this is that I lost focus and didn't figure out a way to get out of that closed guard. I also regret posting this, But I don't regret what my training is turning me into or how I react to new situations. I'm a pretty good kid who always tries to do the right thing. How does this kid fit into this? Maybe my muscle reaction to all that took place may help him clean up his game. At the very least maybe not get knocked the F@#k out by someone who THINKS OUT a more violent reactions to his game.
    Always train with purpose and fight with passion . Don't be afraid to dream big, but have the balls to make your dreams come true.

Array

School
    10th Planet Muscle Shoals
    I think you've completely missed the point of Brandon's post. Good luck in the future.

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    Double edged sword. Brandon's right. But another part of me says, I'm glad you did it. If he's doing that do you, he's probably doing it to a ton of other guys and that slam probably set him straight. IMO, I'd be willing to get DQ'd if it meant I taught a guy an important life lesson. On one side there's the noble thing to do. But that nobility is subjective because on the other side, guys like that need to learn. If you want to play dirty, someone can really hurt you if they wanted to.

I hope I'm not muddying the waters. I'm just kinda torn after hearing both sides.

Array

School
    10th Planet Peterborough
    I know what you're saying Conner. I believe you when you say it was an accident. Look up GSP vs Leo Santos. Santos gets him in a flying armbar and GSP punches him in the face just before he taps. Just a lapse in concentration, and instinct took over.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/VCLoV40jDKM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast