Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Array

School
    mjolnir-iceland

Rubber guard stuff

So I pulled rubber guard on some guy in the gym today. I had mission control and then the guy taps me by pulling on my foot. I guess that would be called some sort of a toehold. Are you guys aware of this technique and if so, how to counter it? Sorry for bad english, If you guys don't understand what im saying i will answer all questions.

Array

School
    10th Planet HotBox miami
    Im no Rubber Guard pro but if hes reaching up to grab your foot you can grab his wrist and go for a pop triangle, or once again wrist control and play asylum/stockade. if im wrong someone correct me please!

Array

School
    10th Planet Burbank
    Your english is actually bette than most english-speakers on the internet, and if he reaches up, i would agree with Guzman, he's giving you an opening.

Array

School
    credit to E.Mays & N.Coleman
    the stock is right there. in the 10p allstars dvd. plus, dont go to mission control clear the neck to chilldog

Array

School
    Stallion Gym / Arte Suave Stuttgart
    Grab his wrist and pull him right into the puppet master.

Or simple triangle.

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    Sounds like the Josh Barnett defense from his "Snapping the rubber guard" DVD
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie

Array

School
    RONIN
    I've never seen the DVD Eddie is talking about, but have had people try and reach up and snag my foot. It puts some pressure on there for sure. This usually happens when I first get to mission control and haven't put my foot on the hip yet. So I remove there hand and get my foot on that hip and keep my knee tight to their shoulder. After that I don't have an issue with them reaching up anymore. There base is pretty disturbed from that point on. Hope that helps

Array

School
    10th Planet Springfield, Mo.
    I use to teach that technique to my students but warned them to only do it for a moment to eleviate pressure... the pop triangle has always been my answer for that

Array

School
    10th planet Birmingham UK
    my advice is to keep your foot tense (pulling it back towards your knee). this makes it much harder for them to grab and control and by trying to makes the counters already mentioned easier to do as they expose themselves a lot more. Sean Bollinger told me to do this as standard as it also helps keep the knee joint solid, i also find my squeeze is a lot better whilst doing it

Array

School
    mjolnir-iceland
    Quote Originally Posted by Mick Broster View Post
    my advice is to keep your foot tense (pulling it back towards your knee). this makes it much harder for them to grab and control and by trying to makes the counters already mentioned easier to do as they expose themselves a lot more. Sean Bollinger told me to do this as standard as it also helps keep the knee joint solid, i also find my squeeze is a lot better whilst doing it
    Thanks man, that helped a lot. This gives me time to try to control his wrist. As soon as he grabbed my foot I was tapping and then I limped to the locker room.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast