Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Array

School
    In my mind
    So, should it now be referred to as the Real Prize Patrol?

Array

School
    Huntsville Jiu Jitsu
    Thats fucking ridiculous to cut him for that. I hope dana gets raped.

That tweet WAS funny.

Array

School
    Stallion Gym / Arte Suave Stuttgart
    I really like Dana when he just says what he thinks and calls Loretta a dumb bitch. That's why I can't understand wtf happened with the Torres thing. Why the fuck would Dana get intimidated by some woman rights activists and cut Miguel for a joke??

Quote Originally Posted by Max P. View Post
    I really like Dana when he just says what he thinks and calls Loretta a dumb bitch. That's why I can't understand wtf happened with the Torres thing. Why the fuck would Dana get intimidated by some woman rights activists and cut Miguel for a joke??

I don't think that is it. Dana is scared of Fox, hes scared of what will happen to him if he does not curb some of this shit. Look Danas quote via Mayhems tweet before they went on stage. "Dont fucking cuss on fucking tv" or something to that effect. Hes says hes not, but that shits bs, they are in the big leagues now. Dana and the UFC dont have shit on what fox lawyers could do to them, I vote dana tapped out to fox pressure.

Array

School
    Counter Violence LLC
    "Rape is the new missionary"

Tweet from Forrest Griffin.

Still employed.

Array

School
    Yeah possible that Fox pressured him, didn't think of that. I just hope it was the right decision for the UFC to go with Fox.

Array

School

Array

School
    Ronin
    Quote Originally Posted by JonScottND View Post
    I don't think that is it. Dana is scared of Fox, hes scared of what will happen to him if he does not curb some of this shit. Look Danas quote via Mayhems tweet before they went on stage. "Dont fucking cuss on fucking tv" or something to that effect. Hes says hes not, but that shits bs, they are in the big leagues now. Dana and the UFC dont have shit on what fox lawyers could do to them, I vote dana tapped out to fox pressure.
    I doubt FOX had anything to do with this. The Rape-van is joke taken from, "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia," a sitcom shown on FX, which is the new home for The Ultimate Fighter, and UFC Fight night. FX is a huge part of the FOX deal. It is also Lorenzo's favorite channel because of their cutting edge original programming.

Dana was caught completely off guard with a question about the "rape van" joke tweet from by the same Canadian TV reporter that got under Chael Sonnen's skin and caused him (sonnen) to walk off the show. Dana didn't know how to respond. Then, without having talked to Miguel personally, Dana fired him. It's pretty obvious that Miguel's intention with the tweet was not malicious, unlike what Dana said to Loretta Hunt. Miguel didn't commit a crime, as others in the organization have. It was a dumb joke done in poor taste. There's no way he was promoting the act of rape. If Dana was so offended by Miguel's tweet, then why not ask him to do some work with real rape victim organizations and raise awareness to the cause. That would do more good than simply cutting ties with the guy. This is so hypocritical, even for Dana.

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    I think a formal apology would've been enough. Getting cut is a little too much.

Array

School
    10th Planet Costa Mesa
    it was dumb of him. not everyone who reads his tweets watch always sunny. i love the show, but i don't remember that line. so if i read that tweet. then he's just a creepy sicko. and that's what happened. i don't know if things would be different if he used quotes and sourced always sunny in his tweet. but the way he did it is enough to get fired. and about dana's rant about hunt, that was obviously in the heat of the moment. and if you think it's unfair that dana can rant like that and keep his job, well tough balls. that's what happens when you're the boss and you don't have a board of directors to answer to.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast