Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Array

School
    Going Rogue Again

Am i weight lifting wrong or something? :S

the past few days i've gone to the gym i been lifting as heavy as my body will let me, i do at least 3-4 sets of around 6-8 rep max weights, its hard and i feel quite exhausted afterwards, add that to the WOD i tend to do afterwards and i should be feeling pretty sore the next day.....but im not. i went really hard yesterday and this morning i woke up feelings comepltely fine, just like last week. i know im going hard enough cos im almost maxing out the weight on the machines we have and i can definitely feel it. i dont know whether its because my nutritions gotten incredibly better lately and im taking more supplements to help with healthy bodily functions but its just weird to me as i always expect a nice soreness the next day to let me know i worked hard the day before. now im just confused lol.
    has anyone else noticed this or worked out whats going down? thanks brochachos

1. You're using machines. Free weights will always be the better option, not only because you have to work harder, but also because it's better for your joints; being a slim, lanky guy, I had a hell of a time with my joints when using machines. They force you to move the weight in a particular range of motion that really doesn't fit every body type. My joint pain went away when I started using free weights instead.
    2. Are you progressively loading? Even if you feel like you're working hard, you won't grow/get stronger if you aren't adding weight on a regular basis (even if it's just a couple pounds extra per week). Since I started progressive loading, I am satisfyingly sore from workouts.

Array

School
    Counter Violence LLC
    I'm no expert, but whenever I get to where something no longer gives me the soreness I'm after, I go back and do more of it. I thought doing a hundred or so pushups a couple times a week was gravy until I committed to doing 1,000 in one night. THAT got some soreness the next day.

Array

School
    credit to E.Mays & N.Coleman
    Do the strong lifts program. idk anyone who has followed the program and not been sucessful

http://stronglifts.com/

it's free btw. And if you are not benching squatting, doing pullups dips and situps and rows then you are a fucking bodybuilding and not working towards strength but size.

Array

School
    Going Rogue Again
    yeah i do use a kettlebell and do a lot of barbell circuits with a challenging weight, and i hate using the machines as they make certain movements awkward for me, so i only use the ones that work with me, like the leg/chest/shoulder presses and the cable machines are great too, i constantly up the weight until i cant go any higher with good form. my strength definitely seems to be increasing but it just feels totally wierd not feeling the sore muscles.

Array

School
    Academia De La Hova Jiu Jitsu
    it sounds like your body is just used to it. tough to tell though.

Array

School
    Easton
    Quote Originally Posted by DBK View Post
    it sounds like your body is just used to it. tough to tell though.
    yea. your muscles get used to it and you stop being sore.

also maybe you're doing the same workout too much and need to mix it up.

you don't need to work out too much either. you can over train as well. everything in moderation.

Array

School
    Head instructor 10th Planet Mobile
    Stop taking steroids and you'll be sore again.

1 word BCAA get on them and thank me later

Quote Originally Posted by Karim Graham View Post
    the past few days i've gone to the gym i been lifting as heavy as my body will let me, i do at least 3-4 sets of around 6-8 rep max weights, its hard and i feel quite exhausted afterwards, add that to the WOD i tend to do afterwards and i should be feeling pretty sore the next day.....but im not. i went really hard yesterday and this morning i woke up feelings comepltely fine, just like last week. i know im going hard enough cos im almost maxing out the weight on the machines we have and i can definitely feel it. i dont know whether its because my nutritions gotten incredibly better lately and im taking more supplements to help with healthy bodily functions but its just weird to me as i always expect a nice soreness the next day to let me know i worked hard the day before. now im just confused lol.
    has anyone else noticed this or worked out whats going down? thanks brochachos
    just because you're not sore does not mean you're doing something wrong. I don't get sore anymore but I still build muscle. If you're really scared then switch up your routines for your muscle groups once or twice a week for a nice shock to the body, but honestly I think you're ok. Go on bodybuilding forums, there are a lot of the same kind of questions there and you'll get the same answers.

just train smart, and don't overtrain.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast