Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Array

School
    10th Planet Springfield, Mo.

Is this a dumb idea?

I'm thinking about packing up and leaving the little town of Poplar Bluff, Mo. to go live in my van and train with the boys in Springfield... I could get a job transfer to there so I'd have some money but I'd have to drive back every other weekend to see my kid. What do you guys think I should do?

Array

School
    Gracie Barra St. Peters/10th Planet Ronin
    Thats a tough one P.J. You couldnt go wrong moving to Springfield to train with Brian and his crew. I guess it comes down to is it worth it to have to drive back to see your son? I'm sure the seeing your son part is a yes so is the drive worth it? If the answer is yes then have fun in Springfield.

What's ur kid going to think if you leave him to go train in jiu jitsu? Unless you are going pro that seems like it'de hurt your family

Array

School
    i only get to see my kid every other weekend bro... I'd make the trip back to see him every time

Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago
    Thats a tough one. I can tell you that living away from your family sucks. Training with Brian will help you for sure. Thats why I make regular eight hour trips to train with Brian. Maybe start off with weekend trips and see how its going.

Array

School
    KCBJJ
    Parenthood is strange.

Sometimes, in order to raise our children right, we have to build ourselves up right. How can you teach your children to reach and achieve ambitious goals if we've never achieved them ourselves.

It's like writing a fictional story. You literally cannot create a character smarter than yourself. So your choice is either to get smart or throw your story to the whims of other smarter people in hopes that they create something great for you.

How about you hit one of us down here up for a place to crash and come train as much as possible. We would love to have you down in Springfield. Even if its 3 times a month you still have training partners down in PB and won't have to live in a van down by the river.
    Andrew Maxwell lives in KC and comes down all the time to train at 10th P Springfield. I would love to train with you PM me whenever you can make it down and I'll try to get some people together so we can have a good variety of people for you to roll with.

Hope this helps.

Array

School
    that's sounds awesome Jeff! That definitely seems like a more logical decision... that helps a ton

Array

School
    Everywherr
    do you plan on doing mma professionally?

Array

School
    Back from vacation
    Just sell the kid.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast