Array

School
    10th planet hollywood

which book is best for a beginner?

I just signed up at 10th planet and i want to get one of the books i was just wondering for those of you that have read them which would be easiest for a beginner the ones Ive seen so far are rubber guard,twister and unleashed any advice would be much appreciated.

Array

School
    Head instructor 10th Planet Mobile
    Start with Mastering the Rubberguard, especially the lockdown. When you start getting confidence in your sweeps get Mastering the Twister.

Array

School
    10th Planet Dawsonville Hotbox
    Def start with mastering the rubber guard, you'll be on your back a lot as a beginner. Andre Galvo's Drill to win is an awesome book too.

Jiu Jitsu university is very good. Gives you all the basics from surviving bad postions, escapes, the guard, passing it, then submissions.

tbh I think the rubberguard would be hard for someone who's a beginner because you're going to spend most of the time getting dominated and not being able to attack.

although it does have a one of the best halfguard games in the business

Array

School
    10th planet hollywood
    awesome thank you guys for the advice i just ordered rubber guard and im going to look in for the university book as well

Array

School
    Riberio BJJ
    I got mastering the rubberguard first, definitely helped [is helping] a lot, the lockdown is a good tool to learn first as you'll probably find a more experienced guy on top of you a lot trying to transition from guard/half guard.

Array

School
    blank
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlemange August K.
    Jiu Jitsu university is very good. Gives you all the basics from surviving bad postions, escapes, the guard, passing it, then submissions.

tbh I think the rubberguard would be hard for someone who's a beginner because you're going to spend most of the time getting dominated and not being able to attack.

although it does have a one of the best halfguard games in the business
    I agree with Charlemagne. The 10th planet books are money but jiujitsu university is priceless, especially for the basics. Very wide variety of concepts, transitions and subs and organized in a logical way.

Array

School
    10th Planet Riverside, California
    Quote Originally Posted by Zac_Anderson View Post
    I just signed up at 10th planet and i want to get one of the books i was just wondering for those of you that have read them which would be easiest for a beginner the ones Ive seen so far are rubber guard,twister and unleashed any advice would be much appreciated.
    Zac, make sure you get the 3 DVDs of Eddie's that go right
    along with his Rubber Guard Book. As a beginner or not if
    you're doing the 10th Planet system get both the DVDs
    and the book. Also there is a lot of stuff on the internet.
    I've takin 10th Planet stuff of the internet and put them
    on DVDs. Get any grappling DVDs on the basics you can
    and any on grappling in general you can on DVDs. Watch,
    rewind, take notes and tell jokes.
    #
    Amazon.com: Mastering The Rubber Guard: Eddie Bravo, Joe ...
    (13 Reviews) In his best-selling jiu-jitsu book, Mastering the Rubber Guard, Eddie Bravo lays out his entire half guard game, ... Mastering The Rubber Guard ( DVD)
    http://www.amazon.com/Mastering-Rubb...die-Bravo/dp/B... - Cached
    More results from amazon.com »

Array

School
    10th Planet Beaumont
    Mastering the Rubber Guard is the best 10th Planet book for beginners. It has stretches and Eddies gi vs no gi philosophies in addition to load of solid techniques. The half guard and escapes to guard section are both gold for the first part of your training. I also agree that if you can afford it, you should spring for the Mastering the rubber guard dvd that covers the same material. It can really help you understand the techniques if you can read it and then watch it. Good luck!!!