Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: how do i leave?

Array

School
    nowhere curerently

how do i leave?

Ive been training at my current gym/dojo for the past five years. Im a black belt in traditional Japanese jiu jitsu but with (from what ive seen of Japanese jj) way more ground work. I am also an instructor in the childrens classes. I feel that its time for a change in the way i train and what i train in. I graduate this year and want to go to college out in Charlotte wear i want to train with Jon helton. But i would like to take some actual bjj classes before i head out for college. the reason i need help is im one of the top students in the entire dojo and my instructor is like another dad to me. So how should i tell him i do not want to train Japanese jj anymore? thanks for any help you can give!

Array

School
    Back from vacation
    Tell him his time has come and gone. That you are the man now! Tell him he lied to you! Tell him he owes your money! Throw a chair and walk out.

Array

School
    NA
    So how should i tell him i do not want to train Japanese jj anymore?

simple: "i do not want to train Japanese jj anymore"

the reason i need help is im one of the top students in the entire dojo and my instructor is like another dad to me.

good. he'll understand. Just be honest and tell him how you feel.

Array

School
    Back from vacation
    Quote Originally Posted by lates85 View Post
    So how should i tell him i do not want to train Japanese jj anymore?

simple: "i do not want to train Japanese jj anymore"

the reason i need help is im one of the top students in the entire dojo and my instructor is like another dad to me.

good. he'll understand. Just be honest and tell him how you feel.
    Don't listen to this girly shit. Knock that mother fucker out and show him you are the man now!

Array

School
    10th Planet Beaumont
    If you value your instructors/training partner opinions, then perhaps it would be easier for you to “cross-train” somewhere that focus specifically on the area of JJ you want to work on (ground work), and that is closely related to the school you plan on training at when you move. Changing gyms can be a delicate issue, consider whatever you choose carefully

train in bjj then choke him out and say thats why

Array

School
    nowhere curerently
    thanks for the help brain and you other guys are violent haha.

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ/ Brentwood BJJ
    Thank him for his knowledge and everything that he has done for you, but the time has come to move on. I would give him enough notice to find another teacher for the kids though.

Array

School
    Carlson Gracie Miami/10P Miami/Ft. Laud Hotbox remnant
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikeox34 View Post
    how should i tell him i do not want to train Japanese jj anymore? thanks for any help you can give!
    Do it like this, and you're welcome.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    I don't see why you can't train both. Go train BJJ. You don't have to stop training JJ completely. Ari (10th Planet Victoria) teaches jj, bjj, & 10th Planet jj at his school. They are all worthy of teaching!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast