Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Array

School
    10th Planet Hartford
    I have to play with the specifics this week. I have a variation that I picked up watching Marcelo videos where I place the elbow up as Neale mentioned, but I use my forearm/back of the hand to twist/wrench/compress the jaw/neck as well as get the strangle (it's more appropriate to say "strangle" as it's a blood flow sub, not a wind/air sub ). This makes it PAINFUL as well as cuts off the blood. I get a 2 or 3 second sub using this, and I nail it from half guard, full, Prison Guard, and the failed hip bump. I basically modified a catch technique. I have to video it.

Array

School
    10th Planet Springfield
    Is there a name for the grip Denny uses? I was thinking of calling it over the top grip. For some reason the Stallone arm wrestling movie popped up in my thought process while working it yesterday....

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur and 10th Planet Muscle Shoals
    ttt
    "The lockdown is not the 10th Planet gospel; an open mind is the 10th Planet gospel."
    - Amir Allam

Please stop by and check out my site

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester; 10th Planet St. Paul
    I saw a vid of Kenny Florian demonstrating something similar quite a while back but for the life of me I can't find it now. I'll keep looking. I just learned the grip right before I went out with surgery so I haven't had the chance to try it out yet. I'm excited about it though!

Array

School
    10th planet Birmingham UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Dewitt Jr View Post
    Is there a name for the grip Denny uses? I was thinking of calling it over the top grip. For some reason the Stallone arm wrestling movie popped up in my thought process while working it yesterday....
    I've been calling the Denny grip since he was the guy i got it from, and have been having a lot of success with it

Array

School
    Port City MMA
    there needs to be a very slow youtube vid made on exactly how to position your hand cuz it explained way too fast for me to get it...

Array

School
    10th Planet Springfield
    Quote Originally Posted by Josh Smith View Post
    there needs to be a very slow youtube vid made on exactly how to position your hand cuz it explained way too fast for me to get it...
    Denny's or marcelo's?

Array

School
    Port City MMA
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Dewitt Jr View Post
    Denny's or marcelo's?
    Denny's

It's awesome. I suck at guillotines and now I hit them all the time.

Array

School
    10th Planet Springfield
    Quote Originally Posted by Josh Smith View Post
    Denny's
    Imagine grabbing the blade edge of your hand (pinky side) then reach all the way around, so you have an upside down gable grip sort of, so the choking wrist is palm towards your opponent and the back of your hand is facing your chest. Your non choking arm goes up to 12 o'clock elbow pointing to the sky and your choking elbow goes down to 6 o'clock.

Make sense?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast