Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
    Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray View Post
    I am, I meant at purple that used to happen every match. Nowadays it only happens half the time lol
    Raider is a beast. I could see him winning it all now
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Quote Originally Posted by Brent Smith View Post
    Raider is a beast. I could see him winning it all now
    Yeah, I could see him winning this tournament without attempting one submission. What a joke. I like Rose Gracie's rules!
    Last edited by Jack LaBarge; 02-25-2012 at 04:24 PM.

Has Hall really changed that much? He got more into 50/50 and spiral, but his game is pretty much the same. He just can't beat wrestlers because his wrestling isn't good enough for him to score points.

If anything Rader has gotten better since their last matches, he no longer nearly gets his limbs broken every match.
    Rader is definitely much improved. Ryan had a period where he got very into his passing and top game. Like you were seeing brabo/darce chokes finished by mounting the guy, or he would take the back and RNC. I'm surprised he went back to the 50/50 honestly as he stepped away from it for a while. His top guillotines and arm triangles are crazy good too. Shit he even has a good twister

Like here:

Array

School
    SimGo Cobra Kai
    Hall just can't find a gameplan that he can beat the upper echelon of his weight class with, that's why I think he fluctuates so much. I am, admittedly a Hall hater, so my haterade probably blinds me a bit.

Hall just can't find a gameplan that he can beat the upper echelon of his weight class with, that's why I think he fluctuates so much. I am, admittedly a Hall hater, so my haterade probably blinds me a bit.
    The gameplan that seemed to fit him the best was the one Glover used in 2011 at the ADCC Trials and at ADCC. Use leglocks and inverted and spiral guard to sweep and then pass to KOB, work for guillotines, darces, triangles, and back attacks. Glover toasted almost everyone with that and when Hall was playing that strong passing game to chokes/back attacks like n that video above he looked as good as hes ever looked

why dont you like hall just curous?
    Last edited by Mike Nall; 02-25-2012 at 04:27 PM.

Holy fuck at Rader x Braga

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Nall View Post
    Holy fuck at Rader x Braga
    SICK....Awesome!

i just got off work and bummed i missed denny's match but
    this:

was friggin insane!!!!!

Array

School
    SimGo Cobra Kai
    I just think he is a severely overrated grappler, everytime he competes people act like he is going to win, and he never even places. His biggest win was at trials years ago, but people act like he's a world champ contender. I hate on him more because everyone loves him than because I don't like him as a person/grappler.

And Glovers gameplan at trials mostly worked so well because he was so much better than everyone else, that might have been the weakest trials in the US. I think Hall just needs wrestling if he ever wants to hit that upper echelon, buy throughout the years there has been no noticeable change in it.

I just think he is a severely overrated grappler, everytime he competes people act like he is going to win, and he never even places. His biggest win was at trials years ago, but people act like he's a world champ contender. I hate on him more because everyone loves him than because I don't like him as a person/grappler.

And Glovers gameplan at trials mostly worked so well because he was so much better than everyone else, that might have been the weakest trials in the US. I think Hall just needs wrestling if he ever wants to hit that upper echelon, buy throughout the years there has been no noticeable change in it.
    True on Glover but he made it work at ADCC too. He wrecked Tom Barlow by like double digit points. He beat Mark Ramos in less than 2 mins with a darce and subbed Robson with a guillotine. Glover upped is wrestling too and it showed.

I understand. People hate on him (Hall) real bad on the UG.

i might get shit for this, but if Glover trained as hard as he did last year for adcc, I think he's as good as anyone at that weight, and Cobrinha and Rafa are 2 of a small handfull I think that could really give him problems when he's focused I think he's very underrated as crazy as it sounds
    Last edited by Mike Nall; 02-25-2012 at 04:45 PM.

Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast