Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Array

School
    10th Planet Eugene
    Shellby Connelly & Gerald Strebendt.... I would watch this 122# bean pole girl tap out grown men and MMA fighters all based on her skill and flexabilty under the guidance of Gerald..also I figured i needed to get back into shape..And after meeting Eddie a few times in person, i can say he is a geniunely nice guy that is willing to teach and share his knowledge with anyone who will listen.

Mastering the Rubber guard intro was interesting. Just a down to earth guy like you or me teaching jiu jitsu. The way he layed out the jiu jitsu was so incredible. great shit.

Array

School
    10th Planet Victoria
    These are great reads! Keep em coming!
    ---------------------
    www.fiercestudio.ca home of 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Victoria
    Owner of Submissions 101

“To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, and be nothing.”-Elbert Hubbard

Array

School
    Carlson Gracie Miami/10P Miami/Ft. Laud Hotbox remnant
    I did it for the Money, Cash, H0#$, Money, Cash, H0#$.

Joking aside, when I saw Royce Grace submit people left and right in the early UFC's using something that was called a "guard," I was instantly fascinated. Mind you, I came from the old misconception of hand to hand combat that "movie fighting" was what real combat looked like. Movies like Enter the Dragon, Blood Sport, and even that short lived tv series "The Last Electric Knight" and countless old school Kung-Fu flicks gave me tons of entertainment, but in that process of entertaining myself, I misled myself to believe that THAT is how a person effectively defends himself. There was a point in my life that I believed that the epitome of hand to hand combat was the jumping, spinning split kick to the face that Van Damme ended pretty much every movie he ever did with. No joke. Brazilian Jiu Jitsu shattered every single pre-conception I had of hand to hand combat after that. There was a point in time where the population of the planet believed that the world was flat, and in saying otherwise, many were burned alive at the stake as heretics. Imagine how mind blowing it was when the population of the planet realized that they were wrong and that the world was round. Their entire reality was shattered to the truth. That's how I got interested jiu jitsu and have been a hard core fan ever since. It wasn't until discovering 10PJJ, and being at a point in my life where I could train, that I took the plunge and got on the mats. Despite injury, I have had no regrets. If anyone is "on the fence" about trying 10PJJ, just remember, life is short. People die prematurely every single minute of every single day around the world. In your last minutes of life, you're going to regret the things that you didn't do or try infinitely more than the things you did try.

Always been on the quest for knowledge but working 7 days a week limits what you can do. My only down time was at night between codes. Couldn't pull up YouTube at work so I spent a lot of time on the sub 101 site as well as tracking down Asian repostings of Eddie teaching clips. The rest as they say is history. You could have got me fired more than once there Ari but thanks all the same. You were also a lot of help my first year as an affiliate. Lots of practical advice that helped a lot.
    Keep your stick on the ice TO THE 10TH POWER!!!

Array

School
    10th Planet Riverside
    myself, Pete H,Jeremy Fields,Randall,Sean Bollinger all trained together at a royce gracie school back in the day and i ended up moving on to train elsewhere but kept in touch with the guys and still rolled in Petes garage and one day Randall and Sean came to roll and opened my eyes to the 10th Planet system thnx guys!!!!

Array

School
    10th Planet Corona
    Coming out of high school I decided to pursue a career in Law Enforcement. First thing people in the field advised me was to put on some size and muscle (I'm 5'9, and weighed about a dollar fifty at age 18). I followed the norm and got a 24 hour douchebagness membership and got my swoll on. After about a year, my ADD was conflicting with my ability to lift heavy objects and put them back down over and over again. Now I've been an MMA fan since the days of Pride, but was always deterred from actually training because of the steep prices gyms were charging, (Average monthly membership is about $150.00 in So-Cal). I began by YouTubing techniques and practicing with friends, but didn't feel like I was getting anywhere. Finally I was blessed with a miracle when I came across an ad on Craigslist for Jiu-Jitsu! That is how I met my instructors Jeremy Fields and Sean Bollinger. Classes were taught Mon-Thurs. and sometimes ran for about 2-3 hours in a 6X12 foot puzzle mat garage. Day after day I got my ass handed to me and was humbled by skilled practitioners, until I learned the importance of patience and technique.

Since discovering the sport, my life has changed for the best. I am in love with Mixed Martial Arts in every aspect and I continue to fight and compete in tournaments with the inspiration and support of my 10th Planet family.

Team 10th Planet, fighting prides of Riverside FTW!!!

Array

School
    Ethos Jiu-Jitsu & Martial Arts of Tyler, Texas
    Was going through some major shit. Went like I had nothing to live for. Heard Joe Rogan mention Eddie Bravo a few times. Looked him up, got a copy of MTRG, and the past 2 yrs, I have completely fallen in love with jiujitsu and I live for it.

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ circa 2006-07
    Read the intro to 'Jiu Jitsu Unleashed' and it made sense so... I went down to the Bombsquad and met Eddie and Einstein then started training with Eddie when they moved over to Legends.

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur and 10th Planet Muscle Shoals
    Joe Friday said, "Hey, you wanna go to an Eddie Bravo seminar?" I said, "I don't know who that is. LET'S DO THIS."

Quick trip to Birmingham, AL and I'm hooked for life.

Thanks, Joe!
    "The lockdown is not the 10th Planet gospel; an open mind is the 10th Planet gospel."
    - Amir Allam

Please stop by and check out my site

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast