Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    This is a sport! Not a Bad Ass competition. The goal is to win. Anyway you can!

Quote Originally Posted by Jack LaBarge View Post
    I feel like that mentality takes the excitement out of fights. Like i said before no one like the guy that scores the takedown in a jiu jitsu competition then stalls for the rest of the round.

Array

School
    10th Planet San Francisco
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack LaBarge View Post
    There is a price to paid for playing it safe. Condit is no longer the Natural Born Killer. He threw that reputation away. A lot of people tuned into this fight, not to see who would be the next Interim WW Champ, but because they wanted to settle the debate: Which of these two guys is the bigger killer.

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    Quote Originally Posted by David Stager View Post
    If you go around calling yourself the Natural Born Killer, you should want to put that reputation on the line and go for broke. Otherwise get a new nickname. Nick Diaz came into this fight looking to find out if he really was as much of a badass as he thought he was. The same cannot be said for Condit.
    One decision doesn't negate his whole career of finishing guys. LOL. See what I'm saying? Emotional reactions based on dislike rather than logic. But I understand why guys are mad. Expected a brawl. Got tactical. It's like going to watch Kill Bill but getting Inglorious Basterds.

Quote Originally Posted by Cody Kietzman View Post
    Yes but I dont think Daley was trying to "out point" him either. I just don't want to see that. To me that is point sparring Karate. Could you imagine going to a Jiu Jitsu tourny and have the game plan of taking someone down then stalling until you win because you are afraid the other guy may sub you? No way I'm going for the sub every time and if i don't get it then at least i went out there and busted my ass you know? (Not that Lyoto Machida/Thompson shit where they knock guys out because that shit is legit)
    And Daley lost as a result. Condit was throwing flying knees. Hard elbows. Spinning back fists. Head kicks. I dont' think he was going for points with those. He just couldn't KO Diaz. But who has? Can't blame Condit for winning. Blame Diaz for losing. The jiu jitsu analogy doesn't work because Condit wasn't stalling.

Also, prior to Machida getting confidence in his KO power, he wasn't KO'ing no one and was considered a boring counter fighter. If Condit had that reputation, I think people would've seen this fight differently.

Array

School
    Quote Originally Posted by David Stager View Post
    There is a price to paid for playing it safe. Condit is no longer the Natural Born Killer. He threw that reputation away. A lot of people tuned into this fight, not to see who would be the next Interim WW Champ, but because they wanted to settle the debate: Which of these two guys is the bigger killer.
    LOL. One fight where he couldn't put a guy away that NOBODY puts away, and he's no longer a killer. Hahaha. That's funny. And the bigger killer is neither since Diaz didn't put Condit away either.

I'm seeing tons of close mindedness in this thread. People are only seeing what they want to see. I'm done here.

Array

School
    Quote Originally Posted by Cody Kietzman View Post
    I'm seeing tons of close mindedness in this thread. People are only seeing what they want to see. I'm done here.
    Kind of ironic. But as soon as I noticed disagreement on this subject, I've been saying it: perception is everything.

I'm not seeing what I wanna see. I'm seeing what happened. No bias. In fact, I watched it with the expectation that Nick would win. But as time went on in the fight, I noticed that Nick was chasing and Condit was landing.

But it's cool. Sorry if I came off like a douchey faggot. Maybe I am a douchey faggot. Not my intention. I'll work on it.

Array

School
    10th Planet San Francisco
    Quote Originally Posted by David Rosado View Post
    LOL. One fight where he couldn't put a guy away that NOBODY puts away, and he's no longer a killer. Hahaha. That's funny. And the bigger killer is neither since Diaz didn't put Condit away either.
    I don't dispute that Condit earned his reputation. Before this fight he only had one win by decision. But this was not the fight to take an off night from being a killer. This was supposed to be the culmination of two careers defined by bad-assery. Nick Diaz would have been Condit's most impressive scalp to date, and vice versa. But Condit opted for the safe route to victory.

And please, PLEASE! Stop making it sound like I expected a finish. Diaz didn't finish Penn, but he looked impressive nonetheless. There wasn't anything impressive about Condit's win over Diaz.

Array

School
    KCBJJ
    I wouldn't have minded Carlos' strategy if it would have resulted in a knockout. If the goal of your strategy is just to win by decision then, as a fan, I think that's lame. I respect the sport minded perspective of some fans but people don't compile highlight reels of best decision victories.

Was it silly for Carlos to engage Nick in the pocket and on the ground? Of course, but for that reason he shouldn't have taken the fight. The smarter less dangerous fighter outscored one of the most dangerous men on the planet. Does Condit being smarter than Nick make him more dangerous? No, because he couldn't come close to finishing Nick. Paul Daley was closer to finishing Diaz than Condit was.

Quote Originally Posted by David Rosado View Post
    Kind of ironic. But as soon as I noticed disagreement on this subject, I've been saying it: perception is everything.

I'm not seeing what I wanna see. I'm seeing what happened. No bias. In fact, I watched it with the expectation that Nick would win. But as time went on in the fight, I noticed that Nick was chasing and Condit was landing.

But it's cool. Sorry if I came off like a douchey faggot. Maybe I am a douchey faggot. Not my intention. I'll work on it.
    You should Google the word ironic...

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast