Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    Quote Originally Posted by AJ Camacho View Post
    The strategy was fine. What Condit and Jackson fail to understand is that such a strategy should have been used to KO Diaz in the later rounds. Instead, they just maintained their lead and plodded along safely. Ali capitalized on his ability to evade punches by finishing many of his opponents, that desire to finish was completely lacking in Condit's fight. Strategically, their plan seemed incomplete. Alright, you slowed Diaz down, now finish him.

Again, I say this as a fan. Strategically, they made the right call (obviously) but I can't say that I'm looking forward to another Condit fight. Give me a glass jawed Imanari fight any day over that stuff.
    Styles make fights. Condit is an exciting fighter. He's also smart enough to stay out of dumb situations. Against GSP I'm sure we'll see a different Condit since he won't have to deal with a fighter who keeps moving forward. Then again, GSP's take downs can nullify any excitement. We'll see.

Diaz is lucky he has a chin

Array

School
    Ronin
    Are you implying gsp is a boring fighter?
    formerly known as jmw0582

Array

School
    blank
    why didn't diaz bull-rush condit once it got into the later rounds and force him up against the cage?

Array

School
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan Wylie View Post
    Are you implying gsp is a boring fighter?
    recently yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Toffolo View Post
    why didn't diaz bull-rush condit once it got into the later rounds and force him up against the cage?
    He did. But it was too little too late. He even had Condit's back, but chose not to fight too hard for the finish because he thought he was up on the cards. So he didn't finish because he thought he had more points. LOL. Diaz could beat Condit in a rematch IMO. He just played a horrible strategy and got beat.

Array

School
    blank
    i was a bit surprised that he didn't really put more pressure on condit earlier in the fight. i guess condit was countering much better than he expected and wasn't as able to rush in a smother him like he wanted.

i saw this fight a bit like the diaz/riggs fight from like 7 years ago. riggs took the decision though diaz was always moving forward. i remember smoking in the garage with some friends and telling him how he did win the fight because he was always moving forward aggressively but nobody agreed. i watched the fight again and diaz got dropped and never landed enough to show the judges that he was "imposing his will" (fuckin cliche i know, thanks randy). i can see both sides and i for many people i think it comes down to who they were pulling for.

Array

School
    Ronin
    Quote Originally Posted by David Rosado View Post
    recently yes.

You can't blame him for wanting to win, its just a good strategy, what do you expect him to do stand and trade and get koed like he did against Serra or take chances on the ground and get subed like he did against matt huges, that would be stupid, he scores with take downs and wins, winning is what its all about.
    formerly known as jmw0582

Array

School
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan Wylie View Post
    You can't blame him for wanting to win, its just a good strategy, what do you expect him to do stand and trade and get koed like he did against Serra or take chances on the ground and get subed like he did against matt huges, that would be stupid, he scores with take downs and wins, winning is what its all about.
    I knew that was coming. Against a guy like Shields where he's the superior striker, I have the right to be upset that he's unwilling to go for the kill. Against a guy like Alves, where Alves is a dangerous striker, I actually enjoyed that fight. I thought it was well done the way he controlled that fight. See the difference? I dont' mind when a guy plays a smart strategy against a guy who's dangerous. But when you KNOW a guy can finish his opponent, but he doesn't, then I complain. I don't blame Condit and found it entertaining the way that he was able to control the fight against a dangerous fighter. I wasn't jumping out of my seat but I was impressed.

Array

School
    vortex jiujitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by David Rosado View Post
    I knew that was coming. Against a guy like Shields where he's the superior striker, I have the right to be upset that he's unwilling to go for the kill. Against a guy like Alves, where Alves is a dangerous striker, I actually enjoyed that fight. I thought it was well done the way he controlled that fight. See the difference? I dont' mind when a guy plays a smart strategy against a guy who's dangerous. But when you KNOW a guy can finish his opponent, but he doesn't, then I complain. I don't blame Condit and found it entertaining the way that he was able to control the fight against a dangerous fighter. I wasn't jumping out of my seat but I was impressed.
    you may be impressed with Condit even with his back turning & running, which the highlights wont show, but thats not what i paid for. Condit won the points match but he didn't win a fight, & if Nick knew he would have to chase homie around then he probably wouldn't have taken the fight, because Nick clearly expected a "Fight" especially when Condit talked all that shit about being a warrior & a killer, & them suposedly having the same DNA lol, but killers don't turn there back tuck tail & run lol

Array

School
    vortex jiujitsu
    And the reason i say Cowboy Ceronie is the real "natural born killer " in the jackson gym, is because he has the same style as condit & was given the same advice against Nate to just point fight & move but Cowboy said fuck that i'm gonna "Fight" him & show that the promo's wasn't just talking, & he really wanted to hurt Nate & he came charging forward to "Fight" win loose or draw & you gotta respect that, dudes like that care more about winning "Fights" than belts, that's a ''natural born killer'' & Nick cares way more about winning "Fights'' than belts also

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast