Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Montreal

Any tips for a badly damaged calf?

Hey Everyone. About 1.5 weeks ago, I got calf crushed. Completely snapped my ankle out, so I initially wasn't aware that the calf was also damaged cuz I was too concerned about the ankle. A couple days later, the calf seemed to get much worse and now I can barely walk. Been icing it...hurts a lot. It became really swollen when the pain started to get worse. The swelling seems to be going down a bit, but not the pain. I can't really put too much weight on it. Any tips for a speedy recovery?

Also, since I roll almost everyday, my body is not used to just sitting and lying around. Any tips on how not to get too depressed and fat.

Array

School
    Garfield jiu-jitsu
    if the swelling has gone down then i would recomend trying to apply some heat. that can help relax the muscle and may lead to a quicker recovery. try soaking it in a hot bath. its worked for me in the past.

Array

School
    None
    Note, if you heat the muscle, it more than likely will reswell. Swelling causes pain. If it still hurts after the swelling goes down, it's either rather serious damage to the area...or you just have MORE swelling. Remember, heating is great to relax a tense muscle, but if swelling is the major issue, you never want to heat it. I'd suggest icing it even more. If the pain isn't gone soon, you need to go to a professional to have it looked at.
    That being said, when activity is out of the question, it all falls on diet. Eat healthy, go outside when you can (sunshine elevates the mood, or at least it does mine), and then eat more healthy stuff. Tons of grains and veggies with lots of water will make you feel better than if you ingest foods that slow you down, especially shit heavy in sugar. And of course, do stuff you love doing: If you love movies, watch some, if you love video games, play some: Do the stuff you couldn't normally do because you had to work out during that time. That will keep you entertained at least.
    Hope SOME of that helps.

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    Put some tussin on it
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie

Array

School
    10th planet charlotte
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Bravo View Post
    Put some tussin on it
    yep ,tussin cured my deslexia

Array

School
    Great White BJJ-Wausau Wi
    If it's been hurting that long,go to the doctor. An MRI may be needed. I had(what I thought was) a "calf" injury at an intensive training camp in chicago. I figured I'd payed a lot and wouldn't let a "pull" stop me. My calf kept getting bigger and (after about 4 days) blue,yellow,and black/purplish. I went to the doctor and I had a complete Achilles tear on that side. I spent about 6=8 monthes out of work/training. Had I gone while it was still a partial tear I would have rehabbed quicker. You may have a worse injury than you think,and you may be making it worse by being on your feet. My left leg is still (5 years later) no where near what it was. I can't raise up on my toes on that side. I walk with a limp. Please get it checked out,forums are no place for medical advice!

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Montreal
    Thanks guys. Stachovak, you are scaring me. But at the same time, you're probably right.

Array

School
    Fi-G Muay Thai/Honeybadger MMA
    Quote Originally Posted by Louis Ho View Post
    Thanks guys. Stachovak, you are scaring me. But at the same time, you're probably right.
    If it turns out to be a haematoma, I got put on to some excellent cream to break them down faster recently. I will find the tube and send you the name if thats what it turns out to be.

I thought I was finally injury free after two years, and then today I picked at a little black dot on the scar from my last surgery and out popped the end of a piece of blue nylon string! Its definitely well attached to something in there, probably the surgeons car keys.

It never rains, but it pours Louis

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester; 10th Planet St. Paul
    I'd get an xray for sure at the very least. Any time you pop an ankle there is a very strong possibility of breaking the fibula; especially the proximal end near the ankle. I see a lot of trauma patients in my job and moderate to severe ankle injuries are more often than not accompanied by an injury to the fibula as well. So sorry to hear that buddy. Regardless of the diagnosis that sucks. "Heel" up quickly!

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Elliott View Post
    If it turns out to be a haematoma, I got put on to some excellent cream to break them down faster recently. I will find the tube and send you the name if thats what it turns out to be.

I thought I was finally injury free after two years, and then today I picked at a little black dot on the scar from my last surgery and out popped the end of a piece of blue nylon string! Its definitely well attached to something in there, probably the surgeons car keys.

It never rains, but it pours Louis
    WTF!!! Someone's ass should be in a sling for that!
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast