Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    K Madden

It's all in what you are planning to do with it in the future. Meaning- what you application of your Jiu Jitsu will be in the end result.
    MMA, Tourneys, Real World Applications, War-time...
    Each has its own application that can make it incredibly effective, or otherwise ineffective.

Array

School
    shadowhouse jj 10th planet ronin
    Both homie cause in this day and age i believe there is 2 kinds of jitz but thats my opinion!

Array

School
    vortex jiujitsu
    the Gi is cool learn how to strangle people with all options, you in a fight ? homeboy wearing a jacket ? why not be able to end it super quick

train brother !!

Quote Originally Posted by bobby rivers View Post
    Gi vs nogi is irrelevant when the other option is the couch.
    I'm stealing this. Thanks!

Array

School
    KCBJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by bobby rivers View Post
    Gi vs nogi is irrelevant when the other option is the couch.
    Dead on.

Unless you are focused like a laser in your goals (ie, ADCC, MMA, versus Pan Ams, etc) time is time. Do work.

Array

School
    Counter Violence LLC
    I think bobby just came up with a great t shirt slogan.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Amazing insight. Thanks!! I'll be first in line to buy the tshirt, Bobby.

Array

School
    Dark Horse SWA\10th Planet Bear DE
    I don't do Gi anymore because I just don't enjoy it. It's a little too slow for my taste an I feel very restricted by it. Some people like the slower paced game. Just do what you enjoy more. I don't think there is any harm in doing it...you can never get enough mat time in. What I don't like is people forcing their opinions on me an telling me I need to do gi or this or that to get better. I don't have to do shit...I do what I enjoy. If I want to improve my no-Gi I drill my no-Gi moves? I don't put on a Gi?

gi is ok as it simulates clothing should u ever have a situation on the street. BUT, there is something special about doing no gi. Even Nog said rolling no gi shows who is better as there are no handles to stall with. Renzo's has no gi everyday. If you don't have an alternative then roll in the gi, as it is better than not getting any mat time at all. But once you are blue belt level or above, you will be better off just doing no gi. Especially if u plan to complete in mma.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12