Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Array

School
    10th Planet St. Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by nathan orchard View Post
    better put than me but yes
    DUDE, I've been repping JUST this for like an hour a day. I kinda just came up with it shadow sparring an imaginary southpaw and it just FEELS right...lol Glad to hear it's a legit technique!!! hahaha
    Last edited by Ehsan_Karam; 03-22-2012 at 11:38 PM. Reason: keepin it real

Array

School
    Nova Uniao BJ Penns MMAA
    dido to keeping your lead foot on the outside. If he's insisting on staying outside he's looking to double jab and back you into his power hand. Look to counter with a jab hook and takedown, don't circle out or back straight up, good consistent push kicks will make him a little weary of stepping in if you wanna keep it rangey. Might wanna give a bit of space and set your stance maybe 30-45 degrees to your right shoulder. It feels strange but it makes a smaller target and presents a tougher angle for him to work around, he may eventually give in and settle for inside positioning or chasing you into your power side. He's gonna wanna throw lead attacks and at this angle if you give a little space it's easy to step to the outside and counter. As backwards as it may seem look to lead with your back hand. 2-3-2-, 2-1-1-2. End combos with kicks, esp to his lead leg, inside or out, it keeps his footwork and range a little off balance. Cross check his back leg when he kicks low, don't let him get comfortable with landing any 10s.
    Last edited by La'akea Sanborn; 03-23-2012 at 06:00 AM.

Array

School
    10th Planet St. Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by La'a Ke One Hanau a La'a View Post
    dido to keeping your lead foot on the outside. If he's insisting on staying outside he's looking to double jab and back you into his power hand. Look to counter with a jab hook and takedown, don't circle out or back straight up, good consistent push kicks will make him a little weary of stepping in if you wanna keep it rangey. Might wanna give a bit of space and set your stance maybe 30-45 degrees to your right shoulder. It feels strange but it makes a smaller target and presents a tougher angle for him to work around, he may eventually give in and settle for inside positioning or chasing you into your power side. He's gonna wanna throw lead attacks and at this angle if you give a little space it's easy to step to the outside and counter. As backwards as it may seem look to lead with your back hand. 2-3-2-, 2-1-1-2. End combos with kicks, esp to his lead leg, inside or out, it keeps his footwork and range a little off balance. Cross check his back leg when he kicks low, don't let him get comfortable with landing any 10s.
    Lots of good info here, appreciate cha' my friend.

Array

School
    Counter Violence LLC
    Quote Originally Posted by Ehsan_Karam View Post
    We talkin Ryo Chonan? Vid of the technique plz.
    I had to youtube Ryo Chonan to be sure, and yes, he used it on Anderson Silva.

I forget who it was, but someone tried it on Robbie Lawler in Hawaii (failed). If you have skype send me your contact and I'll walk you through how I set it up. The inverted heel hook is right there waiting. It's a very, very easy technique to do, albeit a bit risky if it misses.

Array

School
    ronin style
    Depending on your style, against a southpaw you can do what has been mentioned above by keeping your lead foot to the outside of his getting him to circle towards your right hand and set up a looping hook hard straight right combo. Kinda like hendo and fedor throw a lot

Array

School
    AREA 52 MMA
    Straight Right Hands! Lead with them more often than normal

Array

School
    10th pl.-Ronin
    Don't forget about his foot. You're in position to land some heavy right leg lowkicks to his lead leg. It messes with his balance if they are heavy, and sets up punches if lucky! When the stances is reversed like that it can become a lowkick fest.

Array

School
    10th Planet St. Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Dylan Ehrnreiter View Post
    I had to youtube Ryo Chonan to be sure, and yes, he used it on Anderson Silva.

I forget who it was, but someone tried it on Robbie Lawler in Hawaii (failed). If you have skype send me your contact and I'll walk you through how I set it up. The inverted heel hook is right there waiting. It's a very, very easy technique to do, albeit a bit risky if it misses.
    Holy shit, I'm gonna go for it! I have skype but I'm not very familiar with it. How do I send you my contact info?

Array

School
    Counter Violence LLC
    Either post it on here or send it as a private message on here. You can click on my to send the PM

Array

School
    Carlson Gracie Jiu-Jitsu Team
    As a southpaw I like to move my opponent to my straight left with my jab. Occasionally fainting my jab and throwing a quick left straight followed by a right hook to the body or head depeding on how they hold their hands. I circling to my right staying away from your right hand always. Watch out out for the 1,3, 2. and kick the shit out of his front leg. Screws everything up : ) Good luck man

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast