Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Array

School
    10th Planet Costa Mesa
    if you have no emotion for a dead human being and a 14 year old who now has to go through life knowing he's killed his cousin, then that is the very definition of being cold blooded. void of emotion. how can we disagree on the definition of cold blooded? and true, you never said you didn't have compassion for his family or those he left behind, but you did call their 2 family members, idiots, and compared them to chimps.

Array

School
    vortex jiujitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Herzog View Post
    lol 1000% i cant feel sorry for thease grown men watching wrestling, a bunch of idiots minus 1, now lol

Array

School
    None
    Kind of messed up considering there's a woman on the forums that found out she wasn't "the fittest" and has leukemia. Everyone has an opinion I guess.

The kid was 14 years old, blaming him for not knowing the effects of blocking the carotid arteries for longer than 10 seconds? Yeah okay. Blaming the 24 year old man who passes out 6-9 seconds into it, no longer in control of the situation? Makes sense to blame him to.

Array

School
    Head instructor 10th Planet Mobile
    I got into a fight in a club one time and ended up mounting the dude(I know). Found out first hand why you dont go to the ground, especially top, with multiple opponents. Anyway, a 250 lb bouncer with minimal training and maximum roids grabs my ass by the neck and drags me out of the club. Only problem was I was upstairs. It was a straight sleeper hold and I was defending for my life cause I knew He wouldnt release if I went out. I even tried tapping out of instinct then realized I needed that hand to defend. It probly took him a minute to get me out of the club and I was left with vivid hindsight. The rnc, along with all chokes, is a deadly weapon that can be learned to slap on in 5 minutes. They learned this in the most literal way possible.

Array

School
    10P Gulf Shores, Atlanta, Atmore
    this sucks man...sometimes people forget that submissions work because your body isnt supposed to be tweaked that way or robbed of oxygen. i hate that it was a kid though. maybe this will strike a chord for all those people out there taking it lightly.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank R. View Post
    Kind of messed up considering there's a woman on the forums that found out she wasn't "the fittest" and has leukemia. Everyone has an opinion I guess.

The kid was 14 years old, blaming him for not knowing the effects of blocking the carotid arteries for longer than 10 seconds? Yeah okay. Blaming the 24 year old man who passes out 6-9 seconds into it, no longer in control of the situation? Makes sense to blame him to.
    Did you just seriously compare leukemia to this incident? 14 year olds are not babies. At 14 years old I knew putting my arm around somones neck as squeezing could result in a serious injury if not death. These were two young man that made a conscious decision to do something extremely stupid. The fact that they had a matress put down means they also thought it through, therefore premeditated stupidity.
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Array

School
    Eris Martial Arts, Peterborough
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Herzog View Post
    I'm not judging anyone. I pointed out they did something ridiculously stupid and died because of it, that’s a fact, I pass no judgment on anyone.
    No offense, but they really didn't do anything different that what a couple kid would do. People emulate TV all the time. Kids were diving off fences to superfly each other when I was young. They weren't under supervision or professional wrestlers, just Hulk Hogan fans. Nowdays they see the RNC and arm bars as the thing to imitate.

IMO the whole thing is a shame.
    For all we know, he could have been the nicest guy in the world, with a million friends, and could have been an asset to his community. Either way it's a terrible loss for his family.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurzy View Post
    No offense, but they really didn't do anything different that what a couple kid would do. People emulate TV all the time. Kids were diving off fences to superfly each other when I was young. They weren't under supervision or professional wrestlers, just Hulk Hogan fans. Nowdays they see the RNC and arm bars as the thing to imitate.
    Which is also extremely stupid, and emphasizes my point.
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Array

School
    Carlson Gracie Miami/10P Miami/Ft. Laud Hotbox remnant
    What I think Coach Herzog is trying to emphasize here is that this death was 100% preventable and that this wasn't a "meteor randomly killing someone." If someone is going to use a gun, learn how to use it safely ie gun safety training. If one is going to learn to drive a car, learn how to defensively while minimizing the risk to yourself and others on the road. If someone is going to use jiu jitsu, even in a "playful manner," understand that it has its risks *like death,* if not used correctly. It's a hard line attitude sure, but when it comes to life and death, there really isn't any other line to take, or you end up with tragedies like this.

Array

School
    Eris Martial Arts, Peterborough
    Yeah well you can die on a skateboard just as easily. I guess any skateboarders that have died by accident are stupid too then. For that matter, I guess every person who has ever died in any accident is stupid.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast